X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking tap

I have a older set of shower taps that are leaking.
    It is a waltec # 40. I replaced the washers on both taps and it still leaks. The taps are about 20 years old. I am just wondering is there some adjustment inside the taps. When I take out the stem and look inside it looks like a allen screw in there. I don't really want to get into the mess of opening the wall and replacing the taps.

handyman, not familier with the waltec valve. almost every cpmpression (washer style) valve closes on a brass seat. look inside ov the valve body to see if there is a nick on the face of the brass seat. if so change the seat both hot and cold.
    someone else who is familier with a waltec should be able to confirm this. please jump in.

rick.

Comment

handymanman,

If you look down a few more threads you will see a post from canadadave. He was having a problem with his Waltec shower valve as well. I think you will find all of the information you need there.

By the way Waltec is not a brand we use here in the US. Would you happen to be in Canada?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

yea I am from Canada. I'm not sure if ths works but this is a picture of the stem. it is one piece with the seat and there is a o ring at the end of it
        [IMG]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures\2005-11-17[/IMG]

Comment

How do I add a picture to my post ?

Comment

Good question.

Comment

Working...
            X