X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basement leaks

I am looking at buying my first home. I walked through it last night and everything is perfect except for the basement. In one corner it is leaking from some pipes coming from the concrete floor. Now please cut me some slack. I'm no plumber...there are two PVC pipes that come from the wall and go into the concrete floor. Assuming one is bathroom and one is sink? Then there are two pipes that come out of the floor. They are about 1'' metal pipes and they seem to be leaking. There is fresh concrete mudded around the area as if somebody had attempted to fix it. Not sure if the leak is coming up or leaking from the pipes. Having a plumber look at it tomorrow. Should I be really concerned???

Please ask questions if this doesn't make sense.

see what the plumber has to say and see if you can post some photos to give us an idea of the whole scene.

too many thoughts at this time.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Found out that the pipe was winterized and not threaded on.... . That is what caused the slow drip...Not really worth the $45 service call but now I have the piece of mind of knowing what was causing it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ineedhelp
        Found out that the pipe was winterized and not threaded on.... . That is what caused the slow drip...Not really worth the $45 service call but now I have the piece of mind of knowing what was causing it...
        To be honest with you your quote: "...the pipe was winterized and not threaded on..." does not make alot of sense to a long time plumber like me. The pipe should not leak whether it is screwed, soldered, winterized. etc. If it does you have a problem.

Did your plumber correct the problem? If so you are fine, but there should be no water in your basement. It could also be your structure that is leaking. But either way make sure this is corrected to avoid future high-dollar costs on repairs.
        the dog

Comment

Working...
        X