X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frost free hose bib

I have a frost free hose bib that when turned on does not work. It was working fine last week. It is less than 3 years old. Is it possible to pull it apart on the outside of the house to repair it or will I need to replace the whole thing? Replacing it would require cutting a hole in the drywall.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Makes one wonder why it is not working this week. Is it leaking on the inside of your house from a split hose bib? I’ve pulled the guts out of many Woodfords but I would rather replace them for the mere fact that if the seat is bad changing a bid washer will not do much good because the old seat will cut it and you can’t replace the seats.

They are not that expensive so if were my house I would replace the whole thing.
    One of the best lessons I learned from my father is when he did nothing to help me. I then learned to help my self.

Comment

Is it a Mansfield brand? They have a "floating type design " and can "stick" sometimes.?????????????Just a thought..............

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbheat
        Is it a Mansfield brand? They have a "floating type design " and can "stick" sometimes.?????????????Just a thought..............
        I don't know what brand it is I bought it at HD. I tried it this morning and it is working again.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
        X