ridgid vac probs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid vac probs

ok i just got a ridgid wet dry vac...and as im trying to use it, white foamy water keeps spitting out the back hole. please tell me why this is happening and how i can stop it. big thanks for future answers

Well, first off, are you picking up water with it?
    And which model is it?

Is the drain plug closed fully?
    Did you open it up to see if there is water inside?

Have you or anyone else used it to pick up water?

The thing does not make water (not to be smart), so it must have come from somewhere.

Comment

if you mean picking up water, as in sucking it in, yes i am trying to. if you mean using it like a bowl to scoop water, no im not. here is a picture of what mine looks like:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/6-Gallon-Vac/index.htm

now there is one hole in front, where you insert the tube. But there is also a smaller hole in the back. thats where the water spews out from. i tried clogging it, but it seems that the vac cant functioun with it fully closed. whats going on here?????

Comment

where the hose connects on the front check on the inside to make sure the plastic flap is not broken off. It should deflect the water down so the impeller dosen't throw it out the exaust port.

Comment

also I would remove the filter and put a sponge filter on when picking up water.

Comment

I think you need to RTFM (page 7) on vacuuming liquids.

RTFM = Read The Fine Manual

Comment

TAC thank you very much for the advice. if you have the time, please explain what to do, or check, in detail. i am greatful for your time. also, where and what is a sponge filter. sorry, new to this stuff. thnx again

[ 05-12-2004, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: daflood ]

Comment

lol nevermind. i figured out how. if anyone else has this problem, check if you took out the filter when sucking up water.

Comment

It's right there on page 7 in the manual on vacuuming liquids.

Comment

dude, i didnt ask what page number it was on. i asked for help. and if ya couldnt just politely help me, you should have kept your mouth shut.

Comment

Originally posted by daflood:
                      dude, i didnt ask what page number it was on. i asked for help. and if ya couldnt just politely help me, you should have kept your mouth shut.
                      And if you had just read the manual, you would have found out what you stated in your post on 5/12/04 when you said; "lol nevermind. i figured out how. if anyone else has this problem, check if you took out the filter when sucking up water."

Which is preceisly what page 7 in the manual tells you to do. TAKE THE FILTER OUT.

So we should all just keep our mouths shut when soomeone who won't take the time to read asks a question. OK, I'll shut up now, I can see you don't need any help making an *** of yourself.

Comment

you moron, look at my question. and have you ever thought that i LOST my manual, and perhaps THATS why i came here. once again, i didnt ask for the page number of a manual i dont have. and the only way i knew how to take out the filter was by calling and asking. Again, i asked for help. And you, my lightheaded friend, provided none.

Comment

OK, let's do that, here's your original post in its entirety.

"ok i just got a ridgid wet dry vac...and as im trying to use it, white foamy water keeps spitting out the back hole. please tell me why this is happening and how i can stop it. big thanks for future answers"

The first person that offered help was me.

Your post says you just got the vac. Is it not reasonable to assume that you got a manual with it? but maybe you bought it used, so didn't get a manual with it, but you don't tell us you don't have a manual to refer to.

Then you state; "and as im trying to use it, white foamy water keeps spitting out the back hole." OK, back hole, what is that I don't know. Is it the exhaust port of the vac or the drain plug.. can't tell by your description and since your original post didn't state what model vac you had I asked which model.

Also, you state white foamy water is coming out, but you don't say you are trying to vaccum up water, so I also ask for clarification on this. I guess my question was not worded as well as it could have been. I asked; "Well, first off, are you picking up water with it?" and "Have you or anyone else used it to pick up water?" I asked these questions because I thought that you were using the vac to pick up dry material and was wondering if there was water in the vac from a previous use, hence my remark; "The thing does not make water (not to be smart), so it must have come from somewhere".

Your second post gave me a clue as to what model you had (based on the photo you provided a link to). I used that to go to the Ridgid web site and locate the manual for the 6 Gallon vac. I spent a couple minutes looking through the manual and found your answer on page 7. Now still thinking that someone who had just got a vaccum would still have the manual I suggested you look at page 7.

To vaildate the closing of my last post, I offer the following quotes taken from your own mouth (posts) so to speak;

"if you mean using it like a bowl to scoop water, no im not."

"there is also a smaller hole in the back. thats where the water spews out from. i tried clogging it, but it seems that the vac cant functioun with it fully closed. whats going on here????? "

"if you have the time, please explain what to do, or check, in detail.'

"sorry, new to this stuff. "

"lol nevermind. i figured out how. "

"if anyone else has this problem, check if you took out the filter when sucking up water. "

If anyone else has a problem with a wet/dry vac, don't ask 'daflood' for help, because he can't read, that's why he threw out the manual in the first place, is was no good to him. He probably used it to plug up the exhaust port of the vac and then wondered why it would no longer work.

And that gentleman, concludes our enterainment for this evening.

Comment

ok, what is the main heading of this forum? ASK OUR PROFESSIONALS. i assumed the title proffesionals applied to anyone who replied. and you didnt offer help, you askd me a bunch of questions. and if white foamy water keeps spitting out, isnt it obvious that im picking up water?

Comment

You are correct and I am sorry that your first experience with this forum has been a bad one and that is my fault. I could have just asked if you had removed the filter in my second post but instead I made the suggestion that you read the manual so that you would gain the knowledge of the instructions as they were written and not a second-hand interpetation from me.

As someone who spent a number of years writing technical instructions (NOT for Ridgid or any other tool manufacturer) it has always bugged me when people would not take the time to read but would rather ask questions they could have answered for themselves with a minutes reading, makes you (as in me) feel like all the hours put into researching, writing the instructions, and creating the accompaning graphics were wasted.

So again I am sorry for taking my frustration out on you and please return to the forum in the future for answers to your questions, this is a good bunch of knowledgeable guys (and gals) here who, including me, are willing to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X