X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zurn "Level-Trol" Floor Clean-out

I started with a new company a few weeks ago, taking over three tilt-up buildings after the slabs were poured, and the walls were erected.

The underground crew installed the above mentioned Zurn floor clean-outs (which were spected) too low. In a tilt-up they must be installed below the slab (obviously), but are installed so low they cannot be screwed up to floor level. Before I spend alot of time jackhammering and raising these up, does anyone know of an extention available.

They are 4" and are about 3/4" too low.
    the dog

ps.

Please do not respond with a link to Zurn, unless you have specific information. I have already been there.
    the dog

Comment

dog, can you just double up on the cover? not too sure what style drain as i havn't worked with this one. in the past if it was a tad too low, a second cover or a few washers under the cover raised it to the proper height.

good luck with your new position. in the 13 years i did new construction i was lucky that i was only with 2 companies. the first on closed up and the second one is now in the process of closing up. not too many large scale old time union shops left in l.a.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
        dog, can you just double up on the cover? not too sure what style drain as i havn't worked with this one. in the past if it was a tad too low, a second cover or a few washers under the cover raised it to the proper height.

good luck with your new position. in the 13 years i did new construction i was lucky that i was only with 2 companies. the first on closed up and the second one is now in the process of closing up. not too many large scale old time union shops left in l.a.

rick.
        I've used that myself on occasion, but these are 3/4" to 1" low. I think I'm looking at blowing out concrete. I was just hoping to save them the trouble.
        Thanks anyway.
        the dog

Comment

I'm sure you're going to have to break some concrete to get the right height. As a last resort you might try and call Roger at WestMark Ent. (local reps) and see if he has any suggestions. 562 921 6770.

Good luck - Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

dog, i just looked up this c/o on the zurn site.

is there any adjustment left on the thread? if so then you can core drill a hole just larger than the riser and adjust the drain higher. i have made a tool in the past for floor drain strainers to adjust them once they were already poured.

3/4'' is not too far off. a second strainer or carefully cut copper tubing spacer with longer screws should work good

how many need fixing?

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

I'm on a bare one thread, and it is 3/4" low. I think it is concrete busting time. But, thanks for the advice.
              the dog

Comment

Working...
              X