X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I??

Can I run 3/4" copper pipe through my attic (Hot and Cold) water and just either let them lie or attached them to the top of the rafters( out of the walkway of course).

As in my other post (Hot Water Heater Location) I am separating the house into with two hot water heaters.

If I can lay my pipng in th attic on top of the rafter then, I can simply not worry about my cement slab and in turn go directly from the heater to the laundry room and kitchen.

Thanks Again

John

You can in Australia.
    your code may be different.

Comment

Does it ever freeze there? If so, the pipes need to go under the insulation so they are on the heated side. Otherwise, there's no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN1
        Can I run 3/4" copper pipe through my attic (Hot and Cold) water and just either let them lie or attached them to the top of the rafters( out of the walkway of course).

As in my other post (Hot Water Heater Location) I am separating the house into with two hot water heaters.

If I can lay my pipng in th attic on top of the rafter then, I can simply not worry about my cement slab and in turn go directly from the heater to the laundry room and kitchen.

Thanks Again

John
        john, you need to properly support and isolate the piping from the structure.every 6' is ok on 3/4'' copper. i like to use 6'' plastic coated wire hooks. i cris cross the wire hook to support the pipe above the wood and this allows for insulation. i insulate both hot and cold in the attic.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X