X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Opinions On The Ridgid RapidGrip Pipe Wrench

I thinking about buying a set of the Ridgid RapidGrip wrenches for my son. I did a Search using RapidGrip as my search criterea but came up with hardly anything. Are these wrenches worth buying or just a gimmick? TIA.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Dave i have one ,i got it when they first came out .i don't like it ,the head is to big and the handle is to small . it is a good idea .i do a lot of pipe fitting and i like using my aluminum pipe wrenches .[all different sizes ]

that's just my $.02
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
      I thinking about buying a set of the Ridgid RapidGrip wrenches for my son. I did a Search using RapidGrip as my search criterea but came up with hardly anything. Are these wrenches worth buying or just a gimmick? TIA.
      I would highly suggest you buy one.

I myself wouldn't touch one, but I'm a pro.
      the dog

Comment

there are places that there handy, but normally I would prefer the normal pipe wrench,

where I have used my the most is to tighten my crappy hand tighten chuck on my cordless drill, LOL

but it is a quick and handy wrench and it is self adjusting, (and that is it feature, and it is good in that respect), if using it one handed it can be very nice in that respect, especialy if you have to go from pipe to fitting, or size change,

would I buy one again, more than likely I would but it would not be a high priority to replace it, but then I have a slew of other pipe wrenches 36" down to 6" IF I had none at all it would be ok, but I think I would prefer a normal 14" and 18" over two of the rapid grip, to start out with,

I look at it more like a specialty wrench, Extremely handy in some situations, and a pain in the back side on others,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

i've owned similar wrenches. they now sit on the shelf

i am with the concensus. purchase a 10'', 14'' and 18''. that's a good start.

i prefer the aluminum to steel. they're much lighter for all day work

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Hawk, BHD and Rick, thanks for the excellent hands on feedback.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Macplumb

I AM A 35 YR. PLUMBER AND HAVE USED MANY DIFFERNT TYPES OF WRENCHS AND I OWN A 14" RAPID GRIP,
              I AGREE WITH THE OTHER PLUMBERS, I WOULD PREFER ANY OTHER STYLE
              PIPE WRENCH THE RAPID WRENCH IS JUST NOT EASY TO USE, EVEN FOR A
              PROFESSTIONAL PLUMBER

Comment

Working...
              X