Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my area it would not pass because of you venting, san-tee fitting not alowed to be lay horizonial position as you have them for vent. You could reduce 4" Cast iron connection to 3" PVC right at the connection. only need 3" for the bathroom . Where is the lav sink going to be located?

Comment

Originally posted by MIDDEN1
      see the picture of new piping attached, vent not complete yet just have 12 inch
      stubs,i was able to fix my toilet pitch using street el ,if this look ok is thier any special way to cover pipes before pouring
      concrete
      bob m
      bob, nice picture.

the vents are installed in the wrong direction of flow. also san tees are not allowed on a horizontal installation. (toilet and shower) install a combi (wye and 45) in the direction of flow. also check the fall. 1/4'' per foot. the band connection to the exisiting waste line needs to be a shielded coupling. a mission band. an all rubber type of band is not legal indoors out here.

if your still short on fall, you can raise the floor with tile as mark mentioned earlier.

maybe a close up photo of your point of connection and the fitting at the closet bend.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Midden1,

Under the Uniform Plumbing Code your rough-in would not pass.

1) Several pipe appear to be backgraded. Although this may be the camera angle.

2) You used san tees to take off your underground vents. These should be wyes or combination wye & 1/8th bends.

3)Your san tees are facing the wrong direction.

This is all based on the Uniform Plumbing Code, I don't know what local code you are working under.
        the dog

Comment

Didn't mean to pile on, I was posting at the same time as Rick.

Good job spotting that coupling Rick, I missed it. I hope you don't have plans to become an inspector, you'd be a real pain in the ***.
          the dog

Comment

midden 1
            Your venting is to code were i live. I would suggests that the teewyes be put in the other way but it is not against code. If you plan to use one of the vents as a wet vent then the connection must be made with a wye and 45. (vent for toilet too small aswell for that)

The connection too the main for your shower must be made with a wye.
            This is based on the Ontario plumbing code.
            rick
            does the rule about a shielded coupling apply for underground installs. We don't have a rule about shielded couplings (that i know of)

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10
              Didn't mean to pile on, I was posting at the same time as Rick.

Good job spotting that coupling Rick, I missed it. I hope you don't have plans to become an inspector, you'd be a real pain in the ***.
              dog, i already do inspections for homeowners as an owners rep.

as i stated many, many post ago, the combination inspectors here in the city are useless when it comes to plumbing

and yes, i can be a pain in the if you short change the consumer.

otherwise i think i will get along just fine with you. as they say " dogs are a mans best friend"

rick.

Dog, even without plans he is a real pain in the rear Joey
              phoebe it is

Comment

Bob,

Nice picture but beyond that you have some problems. I checked into it an you are under the IPC. Still all of these issue apply to both the UPC and the IPC. Rick and dog have really covered the majority of the issues so I will only add one item. It appears you have ommitted the purple primer on the solvent weld joints of the PVC. Even blue glue requires purple primer under both the UPC and the IPC.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

drain hook up

wow
                  i guess i need to do some work most of it all makes sense only have one
                  problem the main 3.0 drain is all glued together looks like only problem
                  is i need y on shower drain but i could not make it work were i cut 4.0
                  cast iron pipe would not clear were i cut concrete,will the sanitary tee
                  work for the shower drain even though it is not to code.i will install
                  wye's with 45 on vents.and i can put in shielded rubber connector.

it was said that using 2.0 vent from toilet for sink drain is too small what
                  size do i need for this.

also i did not use purple primer on pipe is this going to be a real problem

i have more than 1/4 per foot pitch picture distorts it.

thanks guys this was big help
                  bob

Comment

Originally posted by MIDDEN1
                    wow
                    i guess i need to do some work most of it all makes sense only have one
                    problem the main 3.0 drain is all glued together looks like only problem
                    is i need y on shower drain but i could not make it work were i cut 4.0
                    cast iron pipe would not clear were i cut concrete,will the sanitary tee
                    work for the shower drain even though it is not to code.i will install
                    wye's with 45 on vents.and i can put in shielded rubber connector.

it was said that using 2.0 vent from toilet for sink drain is too small what
                    size do i need for this. install a 3'' combi for the vent and this will allow for the proper wet vent connection. make sure it is installed to drain downstream. also install a 3x1.5'' san tee on the vertical for the sink drain and sneak in a 3'' test tee between the floor and the lav riser for a cleanout. make sure you face it in the wall that is more acessable. a 2'' vent after the sink connection is fine.

also i did not use purple primer on pipe is this going to be a real problem. not sure if it's required on a non-pressure system. truthfully, this is something i wouldn't worry about. you will be doing a stack test with 10' of head. the blue glue, aka red hot, is a very hot glue that typically doesn't require any primer.

i have more than 1/4 per foot pitch picture distorts it. good.

thanks guys this was big help
                    bob
                    if your not getting inspection, you still need to do the job properly. also when you sell the house, the official records will not reflect the extra bathroom.

good luck and repost some photos of the progress.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
                      if your not getting inspection, you still need to do the job properly. also when you sell the house, the official records will not reflect the extra bathroom.

good luck and repost some photos of the progress.

rick.
                      "also i did not use purple primer on pipe is this going to be a real problem. not sure if it's required on a non-pressure system. truthfully, this is something i wouldn't worry about. you will be doing a stack test with 10' of head. the blue glue, aka red hot, is a very hot glue that typically doesn't require any primer. "

Oh yeah of little faith I am disapointed in you.

Under his code the IPS it is under 705.8.2 while under your code (UPC) it is in the Installation Standards under IS 9.95e1 section 316.1.5. Or better yet it is usually written on the side of the can.

Mark

Comment

I suggest that you break out some more concrete, call in a plumber, stop some plumbers at stores, job sites , ask if they do work on the side......
                        They should be able to put in your PVC piping for a bathroom with one vent in two hours or less if you have it ready for them. with what you have installed, you really need to start over. If you want to try some more yourself just test fit the pipe together and take a picture. less expensive that way. good luck.

Comment

freddy
                          How is midden suppose to vent three fixtures through one vent?
                          sorry midden i told your vent on the toilet was too small for a wet vent because i thought it was 1 1/2.
                          I would suggest that you put in the wye for your shower as it is not that hard know. Alot harder later.

Comment

plumber jay if plumbing fixtures are close as they appear to be. then he could put vent in wall serving lav sink. then you can run 10 feet to toilet and 8 feet to shower from this vent. no additional vents needed, lav would drain into this vent, to make it a wet vent.. That would pass code in my area.

Comment

plumber jay the 8 feet for shower should be 6 ft with 2" trap. if it was going to be tub 1-1/2" trap then 8 ft distance run of pipe to vent..... freddy

Comment

Originally posted by freddy
                                plumber jay the 8 feet for shower should be 6 ft with 2" trap. if it was going to be tub 1-1/2" trap then 8 ft distance run of pipe to vent..... freddy
                                freddy,

I'm trying to figure out which code you are using? If it is the UPC an 1 1/2" trap arm maximum is 42" and a 2" is 60". If you are using the IPC an 1 1/2" trap arm is good for 60" and a 2" is good for 72". What Jurisdiction are you under?

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X