X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tub gurgles non stop

In the process of finishing up the install of a bubble tub that holds 55 gallons. The tub gurgles through the overflow tube when filled completely untill the last drop drains out. All the pipe is new 2" PVC. I have tried moving the 2" vent from 2", 18" and 60" from the p-trap with no result. The tub drain runs 12"-0" horizonally with 1 1/2" pitch overall. Can you help, I need to drywall soon? Someone suggested double venting.

Originally posted by stumped
    In the process of finishing up the install of a bubble tub that holds 55 gallons. The tub gurgles through the overflow tube when filled completely untill the last drop drains out. All the pipe is new 2" PVC. I have tried moving the 2" vent from 2", 18" and 60" from the p-trap with no result. The tub drain runs 12"-0" horizonally with 1 1/2" pitch overall. Can you help, I need to drywall soon? Someone suggested double venting.
    if the trap arm is only 12'', then the pitch should only be 1/4''. with too much slope, the trap could get siphoned.

the gurgle might be normal. the overflow/ trip lever acts as a vent when the tub is draining. since i don't know what it sounded like before and after the new tub, you'll have to be the judge.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
    X