X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a replacement valve?

We've had this valve in service for at least 25 years. It is Finaly starting to show signs of wear. I'm tasked with finding a replacement. It is a 1 1/4 brass ball valve. In the pictures it has two copper to male adapters in it one is covered by rubber O-rings. The set up is used to fill water softner exchange tanks. It is turned on and off every 30 seconds when in use.

The problem I'm running into is all the ball valves I find have stamped steel handles. They simply won't hold up to the everyday use. Also size of the bolts going into the ball cause concern, as they are much smaller then back in the old days.

One of the nice things about this one is the length of the handle is great for it's purpose. The leverage makes turning it on and off a breeze.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

i would think that a regular ball valve with a stainless steel ball and stem should be good enough. the regular bv have a brass stem making them a bit weaker.

Comment

Why not contact the OEM?

Comment

I sent them an e-mail. I think they have moved on to bigger and better things. They might be amused we've had this thing for so long and check there scap pile for one.

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma
          We've had this valve in service for at least 25 years. It is Finaly starting to show signs of wear. I'm tasked with finding a replacement. It is a 1 1/4 brass ball valve. In the pictures it has two copper to male adapters in it one is covered by rubber O-rings. The set up is used to fill water softner exchange tanks. It is turned on and off every 30 seconds when in use.

The problem I'm running into is all the ball valves I find have stamped steel handles. They simply won't hold up to the everyday use. Also size of the bolts going into the ball cause concern, as they are much smaller then back in the old days.

One of the nice things about this one is the length of the handle is great for it's purpose. The leverage makes turning it on and off a breeze.

Any ideas?
          Quit fooling around and change the valve. It sounds like you need a plumber.
          Last edited by plumbdog10; 08-18-2006, 08:57 PM.
          the dog

Comment

A ball valve that you use often will usually not have a problem opening and closing. it looks like it is in a fairly easy location so whats the worst that can happen.

Comment

Working...
            X