X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underground Gas Piping

I 'm planning to da small backyard fire pit. What kind of pipe recommended for undergroung gas pipes? Can I use regular black coated Sch 40 galvanized pipe? Also, I heard green coated sch 40 galvanized pipe. Which one has more life warranty?

Originally posted by Bora Demirel
    I 'm planning to da small backyard fire pit. What kind of pipe recommended for undergroung gas pipes? Can I use regular black coated Sch 40 galvanized pipe? Also, I heard green coated sch 40 galvanized pipe. Which one has more life warranty?
    the green pipe is approved. good luck trying to find gal. green pipe. you need to field wrap any nicks or jaw marks. i always field wrap the entire section with primer and 10 mil tape for a lifetime installation.

better yet is the yellow "hdpe" pipe. you will need to hire a licensed plumber who has the certification to work, purchase and install this pipe.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Underground Gas Piping

Hi P Rick,

Is 20mil tape fine? (I have that) What is the primer? Can black pipe be put in concrete? - I'm thinking not after your post. What transitions can you use underground with green pipe? Are they black, and do you wrap them?

How would you handle this installation, I want to do it?

I feel like a school girl, sorry, or thanks, if you decide to help.

http://tiki.beachsidelighting.com/pd...K-1-P_SPEC.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Bora Demirel View Post
        You can use CSST pipe (corrugated stainless steel tubing) easy to find and install but not approved for direct bury in concrete needs a PVC sleeve.

~Bill

P.S. Alb1K that Tiki Torch looks a little dangerous to me
        Last edited by plumberscrack; 05-13-2007, 09:27 AM.

Comment

[quote=plumberscrack;78656]You can use CSST pipe (corrugated stainless steel tubing) easy to find and install but not approved for direct bury in concrete needs a PVC sleeve.

~Bill

P.S. Alb1K that Tiki Torch looks a little dangerous to me[/quote

Trac Pipe has CSST called PSII, it can be buried and does not need to be sleeved going through concrete. It has a fitting on the end, with a relief vent, remove the blue plug. leave the blue plug in the connection if it is under ground. You need to be certified to use Trac Pipe to purchase it at a supply house, unless you know the counter guys well Galv fittings need to be used under ground, primed then wrapped, 20 mill is fine, harder to work with, 20 mill is the code, but technically if you wrap the pipe correctly, when you overlap 10 mill, the overlap accounts for "20 mill" don't forget to test the line with a 1/10 increment test guage with 10 psi for 15 mins. you don't wanna bury a leak.
          Last edited by westcoastplumber; 05-13-2007, 10:48 PM.
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
          X