X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter Question

Greetings all, I would like to pick your brains for a minute about the kj-1750. I just acquired one and i'm wanting to make sure that it is working properly. It has the h-30 cart along with it. On the reel i have 1/2" x 100' jetter hose with a nozzle that has one forward jet and four rearward jets. I also have 1/4" hose in 25', 50', and 100' lengths. The nozzle i have for the smaller hose has one forward jet and three rearward jets.
    My question: I have no trouble getting 1700psi using the smaller hose and nozzle, however, when i use the 1/2" hose i am only able to obtain about 600psi. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this normal? Is the nozzle making a difference? Other questions: when i remove the hose altogether and just have the short quick-coupling hose, I get normal house pressure coming through even after i turn the jetter on. Is this normal? I only get high pressure when i have a hose connected with a nozzle. I received this thing used out of our shop because too many different people were using it and not using it correctly. Now it stays in my truck so they can easily send me on mini-jet calls. Also, (last question ) What would it look like if water was getting into the oil in the pump? Milky?

Originally posted by Theron
    Greetings all, I would like to pick your brains for a minute about the kj-1750. I just acquired one and i'm wanting to make sure that it is working properly. It has the h-30 cart along with it. On the reel i have 1/2" x 100' jetter hose with a nozzle that has one forward jet and four rearward jets. I also have 1/4" hose in 25', 50', and 100' lengths. The nozzle i have for the smaller hose has one forward jet and three rearward jets.
    My question: I have no trouble getting 1700psi using the smaller hose and nozzle, however, when i use the 1/2" hose i am only able to obtain about 600psi. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this normal? Is the nozzle making a difference? yes the nozzle is the problem. either a worn out nozzle or a nozzle for a larger machine gpm. Other questions: when i remove the hose altogether and just have the short quick-coupling hose, I get normal house pressure coming through even after i turn the jetter on. Is this normal? yes I only get high pressure when i have a hose connected with a nozzle. I received this thing used out of our shop because too many different people were using it and not using it correctly. Now it stays in my truck so they can easily send me on mini-jet calls.wouldn't use it on anything larger than 2'' iron or 3'' plastic. Also, (last question ) What would it look like if water was getting into the oil in the pump? Milky? yes it would be milky.
    long time no see this is a jetter for residential 1.5'' and 2'' cleanouts. the problem is that it is only 1.4gpm and is 2 horsepower. it will trip a breaker if it's combined with other circuits. just too little flow and psi to properly clean a line of anything larger than 2'' iron. the book say's 4''. that's why they are sitting behind a desk and not out doing the cleaning. good luck. trade up to at least a 13 hp. 4 gpm at 3000 psi. that will do a nice job on 4''.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Well we have four of the big US Jetting trailer units. This one is for our customers in the high rises that need jetting and for restaurant clogs in 2" lines. I know it's not that awesome of a machine, I just need to know if there is something wrong with the configuration that is only allowing me to get 600psi on the 1/2" hose. Could it be the nozzle? It's not a Ridgid nozzle - it has a three leaf clover on the side of it. Could the holes in the nozzle be too big and not allowing the machine to buildup enough pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by Theron
        Well we have four of the big US Jetting trailer units. This one is for our customers in the high rises that need jetting and for restaurant clogs in 2" lines. I know it's not that awesome of a machine, I just need to know if there is something wrong with the configuration that is only allowing me to get 600psi on the 1/2" hose. Could it be the nozzle? It's not a Ridgid nozzle - it has a three leaf clover on the side of it. Could the holes in the nozzle be too big and not allowing the machine to buildup enough pressure?
        that's what i said in the prior post in red type. the nozzle is either worn out, holes are worn open. or the nozzle is for a larger machine with higher gpm and pressure. personally i wouldn't use a forward nozzle with this small machine. you loose too much pulling power. i would go with a rear facing 3 hole @ 20 degrees. this will pull the strongest and farther down line. if the issue is the line is compleatly plugged, you might need to cable the line to keep the waste from washing back. then jet to clean. also the 1/2'' o.d. line is sort of too large for this small machine. too much weight and friction to move around bends. a stainlees hose with 1/8'' threads are better. more flexible and larger id with a smaller od than rubber hoses.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I did not see the red type at all -sorry now i get it.

Comment

Would you know of a good place to buy the ridgid nozzles or jetter accessories online? Stainless steel hoses? I can't find any of this local. Also, have you any experience with the winterizing kit for this model? I plan on keeping it in my truck - sometimes it gets below freezing here in Kentucky for a few months out of the year. Is it the type of thing i can use after each job and basically shoot the antifreeze into the hoses? Is it complicated, does it take up a lot of room, pain in the butt? Would it be easier to use an air tank with a garden hose adapter and just shoot air through the machine after each job to flush out the water?
            Lastly, if i'm getting water in the oil, obviously that is bad. Can i rebuild the pump to fix that or could it be that the pump is cracked somewhere internally? Most likely this thing has been frozen in the back of someones truck previously which has caused the possible oil/water leak.

Comment

theron, to answer your winterizing question is a personal preference. i live in sunny southern calif. i don't need to worry about the cold. i do use compressed air on my big jetter to flush out the hoses and pump.

as far as water in the oil. it sounds like the packings are bad on your pump. i would take it to a good shop and see if it's worth fixing. a new pump for an electric jetter is approx. 300.00. of course a ridgid factory pump is probably $700-1000.

truthfully a jeter of this size is all but useless in the real world.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X