535 Threading problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 535 Threading problems

I recently picked up a 535 and have threaded 3/4, 1, 1 1/4 but am having an issue with 1 1/5. I'm using a mono die and the cutters look perfect yet it constantly galls and pulls threads. it also heats the pipe up much more than it should. one thing I do notice is the #1 cutter when the die is opened and slid over the pipe doesn't come near the pipe as the the 2,3,4 cutters. I looked extremely close to the notches in the cutters and the cage and cannot see a diffrence. hope someone has some insight on my problem.

thanks, Rich
    also the oil pump only works in reverse

Originally posted by richardsheating View Post
    I recently picked up a 535 and have threaded 3/4, 1, 1 1/4 but am having an issue with 1 1/5. I'm using a mono die and the cutters look perfect yet it constantly galls and pulls threads. it also heats the pipe up much more than it should. one thing I do notice is the #1 cutter when the die is opened and slid over the pipe doesn't come near the pipe as the the 2,3,4 cutters. I looked extremely close to the notches in the cutters and the cage and cannot see a diffrence. hope someone has some insight on my problem.

thanks, Rich
    also the oil pump only works in reverse
    If it works fine on 1" & 1-1/4" then it is not an issue with the dies themselves. It sounds like on of the following:

1) Not enough oil.
    2) Dies are not adjusted correctly.
    3) There is a power problem. Sometimes if you run the machine on two light of a power cord or on too much cord they will bog down on the larger pipes. Sort of stalling and starting.
    4) The dies need to be cleaned.
    5) Check that the dies are placed in the diehead correctly, and that the four allen screws holding the head togather are tight.
    the dog

Comment

since the mono head is sized for 1 size only, it's not possible to swap the dies into another head. you bought this machine used? can you talk to the seller and find out what their experience was?

another very serious problem is the oil pump. if it only pumps in reverse, you've got problems. you will ruin all your dies if there's no oil while threading.

probably at this point, you will need to bring in the machine for service. at least the oil pump.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the speedy replies, here's some more input.

from what I can tell there is no adjustment for te dies, just the over/undr setting.

I did thread with oil, just had to do it manually and I SOAKED it too just to be sure.

power is fine and it is also plugged directy to an outet in my shop.

I did try the dies in my 2" carrier as it had the same part number just different cam plate.

The previous owner never used it as all he did was rescue it from the dumpster of a large corporation that closed it's doors.

I will order a pump rebuildkit today and try to get in touch with ridgid tech about what seems to me to be an alignment issue.

thanks again all input is Greatly apreciated Rich

Comment

Working...
        X