• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Josh

Josh

Thanks for setting this up for us.

Re: Thanks Josh

Way to go, Josh!!!!!

First topic, which siding do you prefer on houses?

Me personally I'm in love with the Red Cedar Shingles and Brick on a house. Also Architectural roofing to boot.

Now I will turn into a post whore!!!
    Last edited by garager; 05-24-2007, 05:26 PM.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Aw man, don't tell me that this is going to be as bad as the Ridgid chat...
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I like stucco

Comment

Yes, thanks Josh. I think this section will eventuallyget rolling pretty good.
          Garager, in answer to your question about siding, I like simple white horizontal siding (with some brickwork on the right house). O.K., I know that sounds a little boring, but I live in the southern Caliphonia desert and if I never see a stucco house again, it will be too soon! They all look alike
          ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by res057 View Post
            Yes, thanks Josh. I think this section will eventuallyget rolling pretty good.
            Garager, in answer to your question about siding, I like simple white horizontal siding (with some brickwork on the right house). O.K., I know that sounds a little boring, but I live in the southern Caliphonia desert and if I never see a stucco house again, it will be too soon! They all look alike
            Understandable Res, and thats why I like Cedar and Brick, seems like everyone tore them off and went to Vinyl. My house is 75% Vinyl, which will be coming off and I'll finish it w/Cedar & Brick. Which by the way will give me the chance to insulate my home better and wrap it.

Comment

Dream house natural stone, cedar shingles or anything wood should be cedar, and copper roof. I hate vinyl and I am happy to say that the standard is slowly becoming hardi in my area. Unfortunately my house is vinyl probably why I hate it so much.

Comment

Hardi Plank

Thanks Josh
                Cheers! - Jim
                -------------
                All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Thank you, Josh!!!
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                    Aw man, don't tell me that this is going to be as bad as the Ridgid chat...
                    In all fairness to Josh, Ridgidchat was began because a group of idiots (and I won't mentioned names, but they know who they are) insisted that we needed it. As far as I know, none of them use it. So I give credit to Josh for attempting to keep the site current, and keep the users happy.
                    the dog

Comment

Ditto on the thanks to you, Josh.

Go
                      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

I now would like to say thanks again to Josh, Thanks for the Construction section of this forum. It has done well since the start, just a little bummed that Woussko beat me to the punch of this new section in our forum . But he's been around forever, and stays with us on a daily basis. Its been a little bit over a year for the Construction Discussion Forum, so I'm proud to be a part of it.

It did start out slow in here at the beginning, but I knew it wouldn't stay that way. Keep the questions and answer rolling in here everyone, its a great area for info.

Comment

Garager,
                          You are a big reason why this section has gone over as well as it has. You give honest, no B.S. answers and advice without trashing people who ask questions in an area they have little experience in.
                          Keep up the good work!

Jack
                          ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks dude, that was nice....

Comment

Working...
                            X