Tile novice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tile novice

yes there is an adhesive u can use on vinyl.what i do is remove all the loose that i can and what sticks i leave.if u can remove it remove it.i do tile alot among other things.ive never had a problem and i guarantee all my work.u can use versabond gray or white or even flex bond.versabond sells for about $15.00 at home depot.i believe on da bag it even says u can lay over vinyl among other surfaces.

Comment

Hey I dont mean to hijack but Ive got a quick tiling question too. Im going to be tiling the laundry room at my parents house. It currently has a very thin indoor/outdoor carpet adhesed to the concrete. Can I use the versabond and tile over the carpet? Its so thin that its practically like walking on concrete or should I just man up and break my balls taking the carpet out? Thanks guys.

Comment

Take out the carpet, you would think that in a sandwich case it would rot out after a period of time and wreck havoc on your job. Not a good idea.
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Yea thats what I was planning on doing from the beginning until I saw about the versabond or whatever its called and figured I would ask. Thanks for the input.

Comment

To help dig up that carpet you might try a Roofing Ripper Spade if you can find one in your area. I'm looking for a good picture of one so you can see what I have in mind. You most likely won't like paying for it.

This is a catalog in PDF format. If you download it and view it, look at item N on page 6. It's catalog #1575500
            Last edited by Woussko; 09-12-2007, 11:31 PM.

Comment

I know exactly what you are talking about. I was planning on using something of that nature, probably more along the lines of a linoleum scraper. If im not mistaken isnt there an electric linoleum scraper that I could probably rent? Ill see what I can dig up. Should I bother dousing the carpet with an adhesive remover or do they not work that well?http://www.carpettool.net/700_cmyk.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X