Green board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green board

I have a question...just when and where does one use the so-called "green board" wallboard? I'm referring to the stuff that's water resistant. I have a customer that I just finished skinning a wall for. Only to find out that there's a sink base going there....I'm hopeful I don't have to remove all that board I put up. By myself. On a 8-foot wall. And mudded. I so don't want to have to tear it all down and replace it!!!
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Re: Green board

Usually the wall that has sink and all around tub area . not the cielings. Ya , the whole wall that has sink on it. But keep in mind ..what did people do before there was greenboard? They used white board or plaster lol. No harm no foul if its all said and done now unless the homeowner complains for some reason.

Comment

Thanks, Hellcat. I don't think the homeowner knows the difference. Bad part of it is, she's not far from where I live....so if there's a problem, she'll let me know, I'm sure!! It's a little kitchenette area/wet bar, so I don't think it'll ever be a problem.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Sandy, After the walboard has aged a week or so and is good and dry (skim coat - mud) then put a few coats of a good sealer-primer on it and finally some good wall paint. That's should work fine unless you have people that really spray the wall all the time. Tell them to leave the B R door open so it doesn't stay muggy in there. That's for any B R.

Comment

We don't use green board around here any more Sandy. Green board promotes mold, due to the fact that it retains moisture. Says our building inspector, this means what he says goes.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Greenboard has been superseded by this >>>

http://www.gp.com/build/product.aspx?pid=4659

Comment

Working...
            X