Saw Blades for Angle Grinders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saw Blades for Angle Grinders

I want to repeat what others have said > If you put a 4 1/2" carbide tip blade on a grinder running at 10,000 RPM, you have just created a very dangerous tool. A kick back could take an arm off, or dig in nicely to a leg!
    I wouldn't do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
      I want to repeat what others have said > If you put a 4 1/2" carbide tip blade on a grinder running at 10,000 RPM, you have just created a very dangerous tool. A kick back could take an arm off, or dig in nicely to a leg!
      I wouldn't do it!

I agree.... I tried it once and about lost my ring finger! The good Lord above had to be watching over me that day as all I got was 7 stitches and a nice bill from the doctor! A multi-tool like the Ridgid Multi-Max or other competitors would be a better option if you ask me!

Comment

Unless you want your finger to look like this or worse.... I dont recommend it...
        Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like yet another absolutely perfect application for a Fein Multimaster or one of the (much, much) lower priced clones such as is available from Dremel, Rockwell, Craftsman or Harbor Freight.

It took me a long time to pull the trigger... now I will NOT be without this tool. It finds use on nearly every project.

Comment

How about one of those cheap electric chainsaws? How precise does this cutting need to be?

Comment

A saw blade on a grinder is just a bad idea. I did a lot of bolt cutoffs this summer and nicked myself a few times, nothing major but a tipped blade, good luck keeping your fingers and skin! I'd suggest one of those Japanese saws if you don't want to spend the money on a multi too

Comment

Working...
              X