Saw Blades for Angle Grinders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Blades for Angle Grinders

Are saw blades for cutting wood made for angle grinders?

I have a need to fit a small saw into an opening to cut out rotted wood. I have a 4 1/2" angle grinder that will fit between the floor and the bottom of the cabinet but am having problems finding a saw blade for wood that will work with an angle grinder.

any suggestions are most welcome.

Re: Saw Blades for Angle Grinders

Here is one option

Comment

Sorry to answer your question with another one but wouldn't the disc that are made for cutting metal also cut wood? Cutoff Wheels For Metal
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

a metal cutoff wheel would end up burning through the wood rather than actually cutting the wood.

thanks for the link.

Comment

Metal cutting blades will burn the wood and cause a lot of smoke and possibly a small fire in the process. I've never seen any actual saw blades for angle grinders. Seems continuos rim blades is the way to go with them. If there were saw blades I'm not sure I'd go anywhere near that. At 10,000 rpm you better get a good grip on the tool.

Comment

From your description, a sawzall sounds like it would work.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Here's another option.
              Cheers! - Jim
              -------------
              All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

The kits you can buy for this have safety guards, but still be very careful. I've tried using one and they can easily kick back on you. It's pretty dangerous to have the tool flying with that blade spinning.

Comment

Franklie,
                  Before you invest in saw blades for angle grinders (I agree, a 13,000 rpm saw blade spinning on a 4.5 inch angle grinder with the trigger on seems a tad, uh, nuts), have you thought about a Dremel. I use my Dremel with a Rotozip zip bit for wood to cut out rotted wood on windows and windowsills all the time. You can use it like a dentist's drill and route out a small area or a big area or cut in a relatively straight line. Dremel even has a router attachment that you can screw on the front end and use it to regulate the depth of your cut. Also, if the Rotozip bits don't do it for you, Dremel does have straight cutting small router bits that can be used with the tool. Just an idea.
                  Hope it helps.
                  Jim Don

Comment

Just a thought, what about a biscuit jointer or a jamb saw like floor tile installers use to cut door jambs/facings off with???

Regards,

Comment

try one of these http://www.feinus.com/

Comment

Sears makes a two blade counter rotating saw and zip mate makes an attachment for their tool that will cut wood.

Willy

Comment

Try this Blade it fits any almost any angle grinderhttp://www.kwiktoolusa.com/c7badblade.html

Comment

Try this Blade it comes in sizes 4.5" to 14" and will cut almost anything
                            http://www.kwiktoolusa.com/c7badblade.html
                            Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            From your description, a sawzall sounds like it would work.
                            Originally posted by Willyvictor View Post
                            Sears makes a two blade counter rotating saw and zip mate makes an attachment for their tool that will cut wood.

Willy

Comment

Check out this site: http://israelexporter.com/camel-grinding-wheels

they may have what you're looking for.

Comment

Working...
                              X