X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Roofing Coil Nailer Review???

Anyone have our Roofing Coil Nailer yet? My dad is looking to buy a roofing nailer and he called me up asking if you guys had any opinioins about it. I read some posts about the Bostitch but I know ours just came out earlier this year so some of you may have em.

Please let me know if any of you have it and how it has worked out for you. I have only held one in my hand. Need some usage experience.

Thanks,

Josh

Re: RIDGID Roofing Coil Nailer Review???

I don't own any myself but I've yet to hear any negative comments concerning Rigid's line of nailers. I've spent some time playing with them while doing demos and things they all seem to work well. The Bostich is probably the most tried and true nailer out there though it has a long history of working well in the field.

Comment

Josh,
      If yo are only going to use it for roofing then it is great. I have found it to work good but the nail sizes are just what it is for roofing! I shoot flooring as well so the Hitachi series worked better for me. I have the 2 1/2 angle and the 18g finish and the 1/4 crown all by ridgid and they work great with no prbloms. I also have the Hitachi 75 coil nailer and 18g pin nailer porter cable 16gauge finish nailer (sucks) My next purchase is either the Hitachi 45/65coil nailer or the Ridgid coil nailer. I am hoping they come out with one in the middle that shoots a wider range of nails for siding, roofing, flooring .75-2.25 would be ideal!

Comment

So Josh,

Did you use the Ridgid coil nailer.If you did,what's the review?

Comment

I ended up borrowing a PC and it worked great ;-) Someone else here borrowed the nailer from probrand so I wasnt able to get it that weekend. I havent heard any complaints anywhere yet but still havent tried it out.

Only comment on the PC was that it was pretty heavy but it worked perfect.

Josh

Comment

i have one,it feels comfortable to use all day and is quick and easy to reload so i would recommend it.

Comment

Award,

Are you using the nailer daily for production work,I.E,WORKING IT OVER.

Comment

no i am not a roofer i am just doing my own house so i have nothing to compare it with.but i know tools and this is a good one.

Comment

pc roofers are about the worst made, right there with dewalt. the ridgid and bostich are very comparable, but the ridgid hasnt been out long enough for me to compare it to a hitachi. i own the last three talked about and honestly i like the ridgid the best. i own multiple ridgid finish and brad nailers also..... i thought i would never switch from senco but the ridgid are much nicer and they seem to be very quiet also.

Comment

The Ridgid nailers are made by the same factory that makes the PC nailers. They are absolutely identical except for the paint and swivel fitting. And the PC nailers are less money!

Comment

I musta been using an old PC... this was all metal. I think ours is composite. No more roofing for me this year so the borrowed one got me by.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by cascadeconst View Post
                        The Ridgid nailers are made by the same factory that makes the PC nailers. They are absolutely identical except for the paint and swivel fitting. And the PC nailers are less money!
                        they are not even close, especially the finish and brad nailers. what have you been smoking.

Comment

Ridgid and PC are not made on the same line.

There is no way that they would do that....just no way.

Comment

Iv'e got a PC roofer and have no complaints.

Willy

Comment

Ive been using the ridgid roofing nailer for 3 months now and i have my likes and dislikes, although the dislikes are possible to fix. First off is that the guage has notches and not a fully adjustable slide so u cannot dial the gun exactly where u want it. also that the top of the barrel used to line your shingles with is angled wrong so the shingle can fall up to 1/4 inch too low , although having the interchangable barrel tip it is possible to redesign this. The last complaint is that not all universal coils can be used, due to the design of the hammer some coils with smaller nail heads will jam constantly. Prime nails are the worst, i suggest staying away from them all together.. other then that, the hammer return is decently fast, nailer is super quiet, lightweight and comfortable to use, id give it a 7 out of 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X