Rates and COL/Inflation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rates and COL/Inflation

This kinda ties in with recent threads about rates, over-charging, flat-rate pricing, etc.

Do you know how much (or little) you are making compared to the past? Ever wonder how much buying power you have compared to 2000, 1997, or 1967?

Go here and find out: http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

There's some additional info here:
    http://www.cdc.gov/elcosh/docs/d0100/d000038/wage.html
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: Rates and COL/Inflation

[quote=Bob D.;91342]This kinda ties in with recent threads about rates, over-charging, flat-rate pricing, etc.

sure, you just don't want to give josh a day off

but i will look out of curiosity

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Wow Bob, that was interesting! It is amazing what you find

Joey
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

That is interesting but I wonder how accurate it is. My hourly rate has increased 75-120 times what I was making in 1971 but my annual gross has only increased by 64 times what it was in 1971. Now if I can only figure out how to increase my annual gross to 120 times what it was in 1971 I might be willing to take a few days off from work on occassion.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
        X