X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing wire mesh

I know the wire mesh sheets have to overlap 6 inches. my question is for tying them together. do you have to use wire or can you use plastic zip ties? also does ever square that's overlapped get tied at both ends?

thanks,

Re: installing wire mesh

If you are speaking of the wire reinforcement for concrete I just use the wire edges and ends to 'tie' the pieces together, no need for zip ties, loop one around every few feet. All you are doing is linking the runs tight enough so that when you hook it with the rake to pull it up into the middle of the pour it stays together

Comment

Re: installing wire mesh

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
      If you are speaking of the wire reinforcement for concrete I just use the wire edges and ends to 'tie' the pieces together, no need for zip ties, loop one around every few feet. All you are doing is linking the runs tight enough so that when you hook it with the rake to pull it up into the middle of the pour it stays together
      agreed, and to add, you tie it together so you dont trip on it as much. You can use whatever you want to tie it together, zip ties, tie wire, wire ties, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X