Need Help With a Sealant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With a Sealant

I have to seal a space between two walls and need some suggestions. I purchased a house that has an addition. The old basement is block and the new is poured concrete. Where the two meet there is a space of 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Someone in the past attempted to seal it with what looks like ice and water and it failed. I have dug down outside to the footing cleaned the material off the best I can and power washed out the crack from both sides. I need some suggestions on what to use to seal the space. I found some epoxy that Hilti makes but it is over 500 dollars for a kit that has 5 or more times the amount of material I need. Help please !!!!!

Goodrich_Mike

Re: Need Help With a Sealant

GM, I don't know what they use now, but we used to use a sealant called Thiokol. Check with an installer of prestressed concrete wall panels (or a manufacturer) to see what the use.
    Jim

Comment

NP1, is the product that you want to use. It is a bounding caulking for bricks. You cannot buy this at a big box. Find a supply business that sells stones and bricks and blocks, what we have around here is a company thats called Brock White, they mainly sell stuff to Landscapers and Brick Layers.

This stuff is great, one of the best products I have ever found and it is stretchable, which is what you want. 1 bead on two blocks, let it cure, then play it like an accordion.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

What Garager said,

We use that stuff to seal damn near anything that needs needs to be weatherproof, and no call backs for leaks

Comment

garager and friends

Well after about 7000 phone calls I finally found NP1 in this area. A local paint supply carries it especially for a basement waterproofing company. After a lot of reading and looking up via Google different products this is the one I need. Thanks for the advise there are so many new products on the market today it is hard to make a decision. And unless someone has experience with one you don’t know. I put a lot of time and effort into digging thru clay and such to get the outside open and clean. I am 61 so this is no small effort thanks again.

mike

Comment

Glad you found it, you wont be dissapointed.

Comment

I'm also glad you found it, I wouldn't have thought that a paint supply would be carrying NP1. But then again, they like to gobble up everything thats in a can or a tube. Clean your walls decent enough, let it dry, apply what you need and you'll never have to worry about it for a long, long, long time.......
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
              X