X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Project

This is what it takes, well after all the paper work and phone calls and the home owners final decision on, lets begin...

Last edited by garager; 10-13-2007, 07:47 PM.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Starting Project

You incredibly lucky DOG,

How come you get brand new form boards,I'm finding myself either making my own out of plywood and 2x4 or reusing 2x12 for the 20th time

Have you heard of the 2x12 osb yet,heavy stuff,lot of the concrete Co's are using em' out here

Good looking job.Like to see more,keep them coming

Adam

Comment

I would love to work on a jobsite like that. Surrounded by woods, clean air and peace and quiet. The concrete jungle has worn me down.

Looks good but I have a couple of questions:

This can't be a house or can it? 15' ceiling?

What the long steel rail for embedded in concrete?

Nice radiant floor heating..Kitek?

and where's the wire mesh?

Comment

i'm jealous

you got a bobcat for standing walls, and i got a shovel for digging ditches

wanna trade

nice location, forget about coming here for golf, i wanna go there for fishing

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Ok guys, this was an old job, I was just showing off some pics.

Yes this is that garage I built and posted in here, some time back. When my computer crashed and I was searching for Windows XP disc, I found a disc w/more pics, so I went ahead and posted.

There was a lake right there too, just you cannot see it in the pics.

Beautiful country Minnesota is. Most houses I build are out there in the woods. But I'm done building for this year. Now its the smaller things, siding, roofs, doors and windows, remodels.

Crack, I didn't do the plumbing, so I really cannot say what brand, I leave that up to the experts.

Adam, I hate cement work, that is also done by the experts.

I build or stand around barking orders or scratching my ars.

Next build I'll try to remember to do a series of pictures during the phases of the build.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

i miss stick building, it almost brings a tear to my eye, and then i wake up lol
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

What the long steel rail for embedded in concrete?

and where's the wire mesh?
              Looks like a "post-tension" slab to me, real common around here with all the earth movement in the area, Clay

Oh yeah, a bobcat for standing walls is cheating

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                This is what it takes, well after all the paper work and phone calls and the home owners final decision on, lets begin...

Do you guys build walls with bricks like in europe or with drywal like in california? i Know georgia uses drywall,in croatia we use bricks and cement on each floor,if the house burns down,only the windows go bye bye..

Comment

Drywall, but of course around fire places stones or bricks, and nowadays it seems like the whole wall is done in it, where as in the past, just a few feet away from the fire place had stones or bricks then drywall look beyond the stones....

We need to teach you how to take out pics or text from a quote. Its actually pretty simple, then we could teach you multiple quotes and edit in each quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                    Drywall, but of course around fire places stones or bricks, and nowadays it seems like the whole wall is done in it, where as in the past, just a few feet away from the fire place had stones or bricks then drywall look beyond the stones....

We need to teach you how to take out pics or text from a quote. Its actually pretty simple, then we could teach you multiple quotes and edit in each quotes.
                    Lol,

I dont' have problem reading the post like that i know it is annoying to others to scroll all the way down to see one line of text

Comment

Is that a cigarette I see in your hand?

Comment

You won't see no cigarette in my hands no more.......

This boy inhales fresh Minnesota/clean air. I would imagine those smogged cities would pay some serious cash for our clean crisp air... Trying to lay it on thick there, gloating too......

Comment

Working...
                        X