X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soffit Pictures

Here are a few soffit pics from a small house that I'm working on. I got the soffit and siding job, today I landed the Sheetrocking, Tiling, T&G Pine, Kitchen Cabinets, Trim Work, Insulation, Interior Doors and Gas Fire Place. The past Contractor didn't work out well with this Home Owner. I will add more pics as the job progresses. Building bow cornices is a fun project that I love to do, some people love them on houses, others don't. This will be a part time winter project for me, I love working indoors in the winter time. Oh ya, I started the siding today, because I finished up the soffits this morning. Enjoy the pics.

I should also add, I had nothing to do with the fanfold, and the missing house wrap,the home owner would not let me correct the problem.

Last edited by garager; 11-08-2007, 08:32 PM.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Soffit Pictures

Hey garager, Pic #6--Did you cut the valley rafter too short or was that "the other guy"?

Comment

Looks like you did a great job Garager
      It's no wonder you got all the extra work
      Cheers! - Jim
      -------------
      All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
        Hey garager, Pic #6--Did you cut the valley rafter too short or was that "the other guy"?
        Not I, the other guy. There were some flaws in his work, but over all, he did do a good job. You think I would put a picture in here if I did something like that, no way...

I really hate going on a job, that someone else started, but I'm making decent dollars on this, so I said what the hey, go for it. It should keep me busy, plus all the other projects I got going on. 3 weeks straight, without a day off, tomorrow is my Anniversary, so I'm taking it off. Then I will be going at it, for a minimum 2 more weeks. My kids will have a good X-Mas, and I'll be Ice fishing by mid February, for a month, I hope...
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

you did one hell of a nice job on those box returns, i have seen people go insane doing them lol
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Thanks guys, I like what I do and what the next day brings me.

Comment

Clean work Garager.Yeah,I couldn't find the words for #6,Glad it was him and not you

Happy Anniversary

ADAM

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Clean work Garager.Yeah,I couldn't find the words for #6,Glad it was him and not you

Happy Anniversary

ADAM
                Thanks Adam, I see everyone is stuck on the #6 picture . This house is out in the country, where as the only inspection that gets done is the electrical, and thats it. Building a house, you must still follow state building codes, however the contractor must have thought that he was going to be the one covering up his mistake. This was not the case, and I wasn't going to tear it apart, to fix that little problem, but I did take pictures. This is why its not a great idea, to come in after another contractor, it can turn into a blame game. Thus a digital camera becomes my best friend...

Comment

Nice work, Garager! I like the look of the box returns, but I don't think I'd like building them. The work is real clean and neat. Well done!

Make sure you cover yourself in regards to the customer refusing the house wrap. You should have him sign something saying he acknowledges the lack of house wrap and that it's not your responsibility.
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
                  X