Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to adjust air compressor switch to start on at 90 or higher instead of 70 psi

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to adjust air compressor switch to start on at 90 or higher instead of 70 psi

my compressor starts to low now and wanting to adjust it up so it will run nailer or where to buy part for it thanks

Re: how to adjust air compressor switch to start on at 90 or higher instead of 70 psi

Every decent air compressor I have ever owned or seen has a pressure switch that is adjustable,

Beware not to mess with the high limit or that could be very dangerous. Consult your owners manual or find one on the net if you dont have one.

Regards,

Comment

Re: how to adjust air compressor switch to start on at 90 or higher instead of 70 psi

Which model do you have? Every unit should have a 95 psi or slightly higher cut in pressure point which turns it back on automatically. Almost every air tool I have every seen operated on 90psi; The compressor should start when the pressure drops to 90psi at the end of the hose(50ft).

Comment

greatdaneroco

Did the pressure switch start and stop pressure change over time or has it always been this way? You might want to install a new pressure gauge to be sure the start and stop pressure really are low. If a gauge gets banged up it will effect its accuracy.

Please if you can, state brand and model of your air compressor.

Comment

Give the guys here more information. Do you know how to bleed the tank or tanks? Does the pressure relief valve work? Do you know how to adjust the pressure valve? Owning tools requires more than just acquiring them. They each require a specific routine maintenance. Water, rust, vibration, dirt, all impact the proper performance of tools. Ask questions, read manuals! These things can make your work easier or hurt you.

Comment

Working...
          X