Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Anyone looking for work in not-so-sunny-at-the-moment California?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone looking for work in not-so-sunny-at-the-moment California?

Hey all,

I work for a very, very large company that does kitchen and bath refacing. I work in the kitchen department. It is pretty good work, not hard on your body, indoors for the mostly, easy to learn if you are at all experienced in carpentry or woodworking and pays on commission. They keep us pretty busy for the most part and probably will through this economic "downturn" because as banks are getting out of the home improvement loan business, this company has their own deep, deep pockets to finance folks. This means more work.

They are hiring right now in the Bay Area and if you are interested let me know and I'll get you set up to interview with my boss, who is awesome. It takes a while to bust into the money making groove since you are not getting paid hourly, but once you beat that learning curve you can make pretty decent coin.

It is also satisfying work because there is no kind of remodel that I have come across that can make such a HUGE improvement in peoples house in such a short amount of time. I love leaving a happy customer and find that they are ecstatic 99% of the time. Feels good.

The company is a corporate machine and they treat us like a commodity instead of people, but if you can get your pleasure from your own work it is pretty okay.

To tool up from scratch would prolly cost around one G, (but since you are on this site you are probably like me so figure about 2.5), and you have to have your own van or truck, but you will get millage.

BTW, no incentive for me like a bonus for referals or anything, just thought I'd share the info and maybe help out a fellow tool-head.

Eli
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.
Working...
X