X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand offs for Bathroom Vanity top

Hi, Im going to build a vanity for our bathroom. The top is a one piece sea glass colored top. The wife seen it at the Borg an wants the stand offs (risers) that lift the top off the top of vanity say a half inch.
    Where can I get some or what do you buy to make them. Im thinking brushed or stainless steel about 3/4 diamater by less than an inch tall. The unbderside of standoffs I dont care if theres a hole in ti, it wont be seen. The top side that attaches to bottom of glass I prefer to not have ahole in it. Im not sure if one with a hole in it could be seen through the glass. I figure I woudl epoxy the stand offs on.

Somebody sent me here but theres no solid ones. http://www.mcmaster.com/

Someone also sent me to where they were $50 each one from a guy in Manhattan Beach CA.

Anyone think maybe I should go to a machine shop and ask for them to cut some solid steel tube for me thats polished?
    Any suggestions appreciated. The borg doesnt have them.

Re: Stand offs for Bathroom Vanity top

Should this be in plumbing is that why no-one here knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Woodywoodchuck View Post

Anyone think maybe I should go to a machine shop and ask for them to cut some solid steel tube for me thats polished?
      Thats what I'd do...

Originally posted by Woodywoodchuck View Post
      Should this be in plumbing is that why no-one here knows?

Woody, you answered your own question, if your having a hard time finding them, then try what you just said, makes sense to me...
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Don't use ordinary steel tube, rust will be an issue. Some pieces of stainless tube will look very nice, and should be (very) inexpensive. If you were in Denmark or Norway, I'd give you them for free!
        I Like your idea, may I use it for my customers? Greetings from Norway, RiR.

Comment

Working...
        X