Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roofing Nailer time.

Time for a new roofing nailer.
    I have 90% Hitachi so I'm really leaning that way.
    My choices seem to be going older style, (NV45AB2,NV45AB2S) or going for the newer version (NV45AE, NV45AES) and I have to decide if I want a bottom or side loader.
    I'm going to miss the NV45AB, and was wondering if there is really any benefit to the side loaders, and if the newer versions are really improved. Or, should I be searching Ebay for another NV45AB.

Whats your opinion?

Re: Roofing Nailer time.

i think you should consider a bostitch rn46 its light and very easy to reload

Comment

DUDE!!! this past fall, my dad and i helped a fellow church member redo his roof...he borrowed a cousins hitachi nailer and good god that thing was so light...never missed a nail either...probably was one that you're mentioning...

my dad wants one SOOOO bad...unfortunately we can't find one that light anymore...i swore it was like 3 lbs (probably exagerated but it was so light compared to my dad's craftsman)...

anything like that out there anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
        DUDE!!! this past fall, my dad and i helped a fellow church member redo his roof...he borrowed a cousins hitachi nailer and good god that thing was so light...never missed a nail either...probably was one that you're mentioning...

my dad wants one SOOOO bad...unfortunately we can't find one that light anymore...i swore it was like 3 lbs (probably exagerated but it was so light compared to my dad's craftsman)...

anything like that out there anymore?
        Hitachi Ultra Light, I have 4 of them now, works well and my elbows appreciates it. They can take a beating too.........
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
          Hitachi Ultra Light, I have 4 of them now, works well and my elbows appreciates it. They can take a beating too.........
          great, now that i finally found what it was, i can't buy it cus no one has it

you wanna sell yours?

Comment

Sell them, na I'm in the building business so I think I'll keep them. There are plenty more of them out there in this world though.
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

googled NV45AC and not a single place that has it for sale...

maybe you can tell me what i'm doing wrong...

got an eye on one on a old one on ebay right now though...

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
                googled NV45AC and not a single place that has it for sale...

maybe you can tell me what i'm doing wrong...

got an eye on one on a old one on ebay right now though...
                I didn't realize they stopped making them, my last 2 I bought was 1 1/2 years ago, from a company called Diamond Drill in Duluth MN. They sell new and reconditioned tools. Mine were new. So I guess I'm sitting on 4 guns, that might be a son of a gun to buy parts for. Next time I'm at Diamond Drill I'll ask them about all of this. Thanks for the heads up....

Comment

we have 4 bostitch nailers and i love them. i think they say they are like 4.5lbs or something but we have beat the crap out of them for the last few years with no problems.

Comment

NV45AB2 Hitachi nailer

www.amazon.com
                    search for NV45AB2

clik on new and used portion of the menu

scroll down to the bottom of the resulting page and it is $199 + $11.50 shipping

www.reconditionedsales.com
                    search for NV45AB2

$245 with free shipping

this is a RECONDITIONED nailer

I've used this company for several purchases directly as well as Amazon.com to them ---- have found it cheaper nearly every time to go through Amazon... have no idea why they'd sell cheaper that way instead of direct .....

btw ---- tried to cut/paste the URL but couldn't get it to work

Comment

Working...
                    X