X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Work

Don't blame me, but the HO wanted construction grade 1"x3" for his trim. That stuff was an absolute nightmare to try and do miters, very frustrating. :headbash: He said it looks great, but I thought that he made the wrong decision. Yes I tried to talk him out of it, but to no avail. The wood for the ceiling was some very nice stuff, and fairly straight which made it go up a lot easier. I also taped the walls, Home Owners painted.

Last edited by garager; 02-20-2008, 06:55 AM.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Inside Work

And the last one, was their dog, Shaggy, faithfully greeted me every morning and tried so hard to eat my lunch, to no prevail...
    Last edited by garager; 02-20-2008, 06:54 AM.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Nice work (especially in this weather) ! You had to go and spoil it by telling me the dog's name was Shaggy-- I was sure it was PLUMB DOG there to hook up the bathroom

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
        Nice work (especially in this weather) ! You had to go and spoil it by telling me the dog's name was Shaggy-- I was sure it was PLUMB DOG there to hook up the bathroom
        Well, just maybe his nick name is shaggy...

Thanks for the kind words Pipestone............

Comment

Very nice work Mark.Give the plumber a bone for me will-ya.

Comment

Nice woodworking!!! Great clean work. How long did it take you to complete the ceiling??
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Around here, we install flooring in a more traditional way...on the floor!

I does look nice. I'll bet your neck was sore every day you went home from looking up all day.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                Nice woodworking!!! Great clean work. How long did it take you to complete the ceiling??
                85 man hrs, prepping to finish, one man show.

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Around here, we install flooring in a more traditional way...on the floor!

I does look nice. I'll bet your neck was sore every day you went home from looking up all day.
                It wasn't the neck, it was the shoulders (holding the boards in the air to nail) and legs going up and down the scaffolding. This job I did by myself, so it was me that had to climbed up & down everytime I had to make a cut or if I forgot a measurement. Measure twice, cut once rule...

Thanks Adam..........

Comment

good job for a one man show..

Comment

Looks great, Garager!! That's a LOT of stuff for a one-man show. Well done.
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

That's a beauty aye! << Anyone remember that beer drinking movie?

I love skylights and love homes that have hardwood throughout.

I'd take that over drywall or carpet hands down.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Very nice work

A quick question: Didn't they/you want the frame for the skylight 45 degree mitered? My bet is they said NO and you would have said YES.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                          Very nice work

A quick question: Didn't they/you want the frame for the skylight 45 degree mitered? My bet is they said NO and you would have said YES.
                          My guess is Garager would do it just like he did. He knows construction grade 1x3 would open up if mitered even before he had his tools loaded in the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                            My guess is Garager would do it just like he did. He knows construction grade 1x3 would open up if mitered even before he had his tools loaded in the truck.
                            You know your stuff too......

Comment

Beautiful work Garager! When I first read the post and saw the HO wanted construction grade, I thought, blehh! But, actually looks good. What did you use to finish the wood?

Comment

Working...
                              X