Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beware of HGTV

S...
    Strange thing is the market is still good here in central Texas. Might be that oil is $105/barrel, or that lots of folks are moving here from California and New York. Not sure, but it's still pretty good. We're finding folks selling small homes in those places can afford 2 or 3 homes here.
    This little house doesn't need a lot of work so we're hoping to get it back on the market by middle of May. After that, flipping might not be a good gamble. We'll see... I may have to pay to learn this lesson
    Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

You know............my wife and I have thought about doing a flip. We also have watched *HGTV* and all the flip shows. And we have also watched A&E and tlc. BUT...................and the BIG BUT................in our own house.........I have about 3 unfinished projects. I have a living room waiting for *ME* to finish putting up all the moulding(it has been a couple of months now ). I have a dining room that has a couple of things that has yet to be finsihed( I forgot when I started it ). And I still yet have to finish painting my daughters room( I got the walls primed and ready for paint but I always seem to get distracted). So that right there is keeping us.or should I say ME from doing a flip.

Comment

Well,
        we've got started. things are going well, maybe better than I thought, so far. My 25 year-old son is really a hoss - the boy can really get after it for a welder . The house was built in the 60's and built well. The tile in the bathroom was not glued on, it was put on with lathe and mortar. The kid used an 8lb sledge to bust it and then pull it off. For once, I kinda over estimated the time it would take to do wreck out, but I'm sure we'll run into something that will slow us down. Started building cabinets before we closed and just about finished them. So far, the hardest part is finding a good plumber!!!! One of the things I'm convinced I need professional for......
        Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

Working...
        X