Old Hunting Shack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old Hunting Shack

Freezer, man I'm really out of times with that one. We still use an Ice Box, for real. So I guess you can say that the freezer is the ice itself. I like my rustic stuff, Mark your cabin to be, is just to fancy for me. Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful place, I can see that, but I'm more of a simple man, and we'll keep our hunting shack cozy, isn't that the word they use in the reality ads for, small...

When we go to the shack, we're not in it that much, other then to eat and sleep. We're outside playing, cutting wood, or working on something.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
      Freezer, man I'm really out of times with that one. We still use an Ice Box, for real. So I guess you can say that the freezer is the ice itself. I like my rustic stuff, Mark your cabin to be, is just to fancy for me. Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful place, I can see that, but I'm more of a simple man, and we'll keep our hunting shack cozy, isn't that the word they use in the reality ads for, small...

When we go to the shack, we're not in it that much, other then to eat and sleep. We're outside playing, cutting wood, or working on something.
      Garager, Maybe someday we will get a chance to show those West coast people what "the good life" is really like.

Comment

Update on the shack, she is going down today. If things go accordingly and of course weather cooperating, so pretty soon all we'll have of her is pictures. Thank god those walls could never talk.....
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I can't wait to see pictures of the new one.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Dang it, the brother and the excavator went out and got liquored up last night. Now they are blowing it off. This made me mad, they want to do it tomorrow and basically I said have fun.... Morons..........

Now I'll just have to get something done around the homestead, I'm sure the wife has a list somewhere......

Comment

================================================== ====
              All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the old shack. It's hard to realize that nothing we do is permanent, and things will always change. It's the natural order of things. Take some of whatever wood you can from the old, make some frames for the pictures and hang em in the new one. Can't wait to see pics of the new shack going up!

Our hunting shack is a couple wall tents. We carry em with us and the first day is setup. My first tent got burned out by a cooker mistake. No one was injured, but the old Cabela's Guide Tent just couldn't be repaired. It was the Alaknak model, made of that silly plastic. The new tent is heavy canvas and much better. I miss the old Alaknak, but the new one is so much better! Good luck with your rebuild, Garager! Wish I could be there to help (and hunt).
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thanks Sandy.........

BD, I wouldn't doubt it, if thats what they looked like last night. And boy did they reek of booze this morning...

Comment

Working...
                  X