Old Hunting Shack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Hunting Shack

She needs to be rebuilt now, bigger and stronger. This last storm, took a tree down and right through the shack. Memories, lots of them, she wasn't much to look at, but she served a purpose like no other structure in our lives. Way out in the boonies and yet we still made her livable on the weekends and some weekdays.

Satellite TV, for boxing entertainment when the weather was bad. Pot belly stove w/a steel surface plate, to melt snow for water. Bunk beds and a kitchen and a bar for entertainment also.

She will be replaced, hopefully this fall just in time for deer season and new memories... Sad day today, ladies and gentlemen, very sad day indeed. That last storm was the ticket for a new and safer shack, burial in about 2 weeks, I'll get an excavator in there and a dump truck, it'll be taken care of real quick....

Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Old Hunting Shack

That sucks man, sounds like it was a fun spot.........
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I like the siding.

Comment

It's always sad when a good memory maker has to make way for the new. I used to have an old hunting shack like that years ago. I replaced it 17 years ago with a 4 bedroom double wide trailer. We still have good times and memories at the new shack but it just seems like the memories were sweeter in that old run down cramped shack.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

BUMMER!! Ours went to a fire started by a hot muffler in high grass. Hunting was never quite the same.

Comment

We will rebuild and hunting will resume. If we cannot build this year, I'll pull my 32' travel trailer and park it there this fall. Life will be good again, this is just a temp. set back w/life out in the boonies.....
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I think it's conspiracy, you guys didn't see the teeth marks on the tree? Looks like deer teeth marks.

Garager, that blows, really looked like a good man club. I'm sure the next one will be even better.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOLEEu8RLI

If you need re-building inspiration............

"better...stronger......faster......"
                I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

man, that stinks, very pretty area though.

the second one will be even better, well, less the tree.

and in no time at all you will have great memories.

can't wait to see pictures of the future, grander shack.
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

[quote=tinmack;135920]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOLEEu8RLIquote]

i got a "this viedo is not avalable in your country"
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

dang man that sucks, but think of the things you did like and keep them and the things you did not like this is the time to improve on. oh and make sure you keep something from the old shack to bring into the new shack.
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I think we should get a home inspector over there immediately and check for mold spores.

Comment

i think we should all pool our talents and have a barn raising.

sort of like habitat for humanity.

then all those that participated can enjoy for the next roundup.

a varmit roundup

my buddy just visited last week from minnesota.

our turn to head up there next.

is there a lake near by

when are you going to rebuild

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

We will try to build this fall, depends on time, will we have it? If we can't build, I guess I'll pull my 32' travel trailer up there and park it. It does have all the amenities. Then we'll build next year for sure.

There a few small lakes in the area.

Mold spores, out in the woods area, naaaa you'd never see that Adam.....

Comment

Looks like many years of good memories up there.I know you guys are going to put it back better than it was for the next generations to carry them on.

Comment

Working...
                              X