X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garager
    started a topic Old Hunting Shack

Old Hunting Shack

She needs to be rebuilt now, bigger and stronger. This last storm, took a tree down and right through the shack. Memories, lots of them, she wasn't much to look at, but she served a purpose like no other structure in our lives. Way out in the boonies and yet we still made her livable on the weekends and some weekdays.

Satellite TV, for boxing entertainment when the weather was bad. Pot belly stove w/a steel surface plate, to melt snow for water. Bunk beds and a kitchen and a bar for entertainment also.

She will be replaced, hopefully this fall just in time for deer season and new memories... Sad day today, ladies and gentlemen, very sad day indeed. That last storm was the ticket for a new and safer shack, burial in about 2 weeks, I'll get an excavator in there and a dump truck, it'll be taken care of real quick....

• garager
    replied
    Re: Old Hunting Shack

Thanks Sandy.........

BD, I wouldn't doubt it, if thats what they looked like last night. And boy did they reek of booze this morning...

Leave a comment:

• VASandy
    replied

Sorry to hear about the old shack. It's hard to realize that nothing we do is permanent, and things will always change. It's the natural order of things. Take some of whatever wood you can from the old, make some frames for the pictures and hang em in the new one. Can't wait to see pics of the new shack going up!

Our hunting shack is a couple wall tents. We carry em with us and the first day is setup. My first tent got burned out by a cooker mistake. No one was injured, but the old Cabela's Guide Tent just couldn't be repaired. It was the Alaknak model, made of that silly plastic. The new tent is heavy canvas and much better. I miss the old Alaknak, but the new one is so much better! Good luck with your rebuild, Garager! Wish I could be there to help (and hunt).

Leave a comment:

• BadgerDave
    replied

Leave a comment:

• garager
    replied

Dang it, the brother and the excavator went out and got liquored up last night. Now they are blowing it off. This made me mad, they want to do it tomorrow and basically I said have fun.... Morons..........

Now I'll just have to get something done around the homestead, I'm sure the wife has a list somewhere......

Leave a comment:

• BadgerDave
    replied

I can't wait to see pictures of the new one.

Leave a comment:

• garager
    replied

Update on the shack, she is going down today. If things go accordingly and of course weather cooperating, so pretty soon all we'll have of her is pictures. Thank god those walls could never talk.....

Leave a comment:

• Pipestone Kid
    replied

Originally posted by garager View Post
    Freezer, man I'm really out of times with that one. We still use an Ice Box, for real. So I guess you can say that the freezer is the ice itself. I like my rustic stuff, Mark your cabin to be, is just to fancy for me. Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful place, I can see that, but I'm more of a simple man, and we'll keep our hunting shack cozy, isn't that the word they use in the reality ads for, small...

When we go to the shack, we're not in it that much, other then to eat and sleep. We're outside playing, cutting wood, or working on something.
    Garager, Maybe someday we will get a chance to show those West coast people what "the good life" is really like.

Leave a comment:

• garager
    replied

Freezer, man I'm really out of times with that one. We still use an Ice Box, for real. So I guess you can say that the freezer is the ice itself. I like my rustic stuff, Mark your cabin to be, is just to fancy for me. Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful place, I can see that, but I'm more of a simple man, and we'll keep our hunting shack cozy, isn't that the word they use in the reality ads for, small...

When we go to the shack, we're not in it that much, other then to eat and sleep. We're outside playing, cutting wood, or working on something.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    I knew there was a downside to this hotel room. The refrigerator does not have a freezer for ice cream.

Mark

hard to keep the ice cream cold while inside the jacuzzi in our suites

i got first round at the ice cream bar

rick.

Leave a comment:

• MrsSeatDown
    replied

Garager, are you taking note? Make sure your new hunting shack can't be confused with an outhouse and the fridge has a freezer component so you can have ice cream

Leave a comment:

• ToUtahNow
    replied

I knew there was a downside to this hotel room. The refrigerator does not have a freezer for ice cream.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• MrsSeatDown
    replied

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    RICK..RICK..RICK.
    ALWAYS RICK

WHERE'S MINE????
    You will have to pry yours out of Mellie's hands.

Leave a comment:

• drtyhands
    replied

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
    Damn it! You beat me to it! I was gonna say it looked like his outhouse

I got distracted bringing Rick his ice cream
    RICK..RICK..RICK.
    ALWAYS RICK

WHERE'S MINE????

Leave a comment:

• MrsSeatDown
    replied

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    I figure it will be our West-coast Titans retreat for when we want to just kick back. The property has a creek with rainbows and brooks, a river across the highway for whitewater rafting and kayaking and it's on Trail #74 of the Paiute Trail system so we can play with the quads.

http://www.utah.com/offroad/paiute_trail.htm

Mark
    I forgot. Why are we going to Ohio? Spent lots of time in Cleveland. . .never been to Utah

Leave a comment:

Working...
X