Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spray painting with latex on concrete block?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spray painting with latex on concrete block?

Any hints/tips about spray painting with latex on concrete block? I volunteer at small town volunteer fire dept. I am painting the boiler room (located in Maine). Last fall got 1 coat on before winter. The coverage was very spotty. One area the coverage was so good that I would not have to give at more coats, but will for uniform color coverage. The same wall above 6' or so the coverage went from excellant to extremely spotty, using the same paint, spray gun, same tech., same day, same time of day, etc. I am going to try rolling to see if I get better coverage. I have sprayed latex before and on concrete block without any problems.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks

Re: spray painting with latex on concrete block?

Its all about prep and the right primer. Skip those steps and its sure to fail, sooner then you'd like....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Re: spray painting with latex on concrete block?

to answer your question .first did you check the moisture level in the block?.
      sherwim williams master painter quide is less than 10% ,to check tape a asphalt shingle on bare block leave for 7-21days ,then remove there should be only a very small spot of wetness.now for the real world when paint concrete block that is new wait 28 days and muric acid wash the mortor joints. then apply a clear block sealer ,then top coat with latex paint.
      when you use cheap low cost latex or skip the sealer you will get spotty coverage.method of applying paint does not matter.now if you wish to fill the block then you should of used a heavy block filler first ,then top coat with latex. good brands are sherwim williams "a-100" or "super paint",they last a long time and give good coverage.

Comment

Working...
      X