Little freebies keep the referals coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little freebies keep the referals coming

I am finishing up a little kitchen rehab.* I built a few cabint doors and drawer fronts, painted the ceiling, walls, baseboard and casings. While painting behind the refrigerator I removed the back of the unit and vaccumed off the coils. I noticed in the downstairs bathroom that the vanity doors were mis-aligned, I aligned them. Then as luck would have it there was a guy next door powerwashing a house. He asked me to pass out some of his cards. I told him I would but he first had to powerwash the small porch, steps and entranceway of the house on which I was working for free. He laughed and did it. It only took about ten minutes and I gave the guy $20.00 anyway.

The customers were tickled pink that I did all these things. I got two referrals from them already. They have been good customers for a few years so I felt comfortable doing what I did. If they were new customers I might not have done the powerwash thing.

My experience has been that small jestures of good will pay big dividends.

Tom

Re: Little freebies keep the referals coming

my big remodel jobs, bathrooms, kitchens, boilers anything over a few grand around holiday time i get my customers edible arrangements a massive hit!! led to ountless new and loyal customers!

Comment

I like your guys ideas, a little gesture can go a long ways. And it goes to show, that there are generous people still. I just hate watching news anymore, because the real stories and people aren't in it. So tomorrow I will do something very generous for the H.O., don't know what, but I'll come up with it, and post back.....

Oh shoot, tomorrows Saturday, I am not working. So I'll do this on Monday and of course Sunday, Mothers Day. Maybe I'll buy my Mom those training wheels for her scooter....
      Last edited by garager; 05-09-2008, 07:12 PM.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
        my big remodel jobs, bathrooms, kitchens, boilers anything over a few grand around holiday time i get my customers edible arrangements a massive hit!! led to ountless new and loyal customers!

Same thing here, the really good customers will get arrangments this year.

And to think I thought I was the only one who had this idea....but, atleast your in another state
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

I was doing a sewer and for 2 days, I was running a backhoe, it was dusty and dirty, the neighbor washed his porsche twice, when the job was done, I gave him $50 to wash it again, when I finished the job
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
            I was doing a sewer and for 2 days, I was running a backhoe, it was dusty and dirty, the neighbor washed his porsche twice, when the job was done, I gave him $50 to wash it again, when I finished the job
            You mean he can afford a Porsche and not a garage??? Must be land issues there, not enough to go around, I suppose...
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

When I'm working on a customer's computer I'll always take the time to clean the inside and the mouse, if it's a ball type mouse. It's just something that I like to do for the customers. I'll usually try to put the computer on a plastic bag first so the dust doesn't go everywhere. Nothing like showing them a shiny clean computer on a now dust-stained carpet...

These days it's important to go the extra mile for people. I've gotten all of my business through referrals. A few minutes of extra work is a far better investment for me than radio/TV ads.
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
              X