Eaves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eaves

Hi Guys. My bud has asked me a question that I have no experience with. He has some galvanized eave troughs that leak at the corner joints. His question is what is the best method of sealing the leak. Something that will last at least the length of a good paint job,

Re: Eaves

Originally posted by Faboo View Post
    Hi Guys. My bud has asked me a question that I have no experience with. He has some galvanized eave troughs that leak at the corner joints. His question is what is the best method of sealing the leak. Something that will last at least the length of a good paint job,
    Flux and lead.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Flux and lead.
      I was hopeing for more of a DIY type of fix, He does not have the skill level to do a flux and lead type of fix and never having done it myself I would be reluctant to give it a go. Is there not some type of epoxy or water proof tape that would do the trick for 4 to 5 years. He is planning to replace the whole works at that time, it is just a matter of timing. This year he has a furnace to replace and a patio door that is on its last leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Faboo View Post
        I was hopeing for more of a DIY type of fix, He does not have the skill level to do a flux and lead type of fix and never having done it myself I would be reluctant to give it a go. Is there not some type of epoxy or water proof tape that would do the trick for 4 to 5 years. He is planning to replace the whole works at that time, it is just a matter of timing. This year he has a furnace to replace and a patio door that is on its last leg.
        Go to a RV dealer--they have a liquid latex for roof repairs. Paint on a coat, imbed a strip of nylon cloth and paint over with more latex. Let it dry and put on another coat. Be sure to clean the surface first. It wont stick to dirt.

Comment

Or NP1...... This stuff is awesome for many applications and bonds well. Never really hardens so it won't crack and allow water to penetrate.

http://www.dhcsupplies.com/store/p/2...1-Sealant.html

You will not find it at Menards or H.D.(unless they just started to carry the stuff), call around to specialty stores, mainly that sells cement blocks. The store where I buy it, is called Block White, who knows maybe theres one near you.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
            Or NP1...... This stuff is awesome for many applications and bonds well. Never really hardens so it won't crack and allow water to penetrate.

http://www.dhcsupplies.com/store/p/2...1-Sealant.html

You will not find it at Menards or H.D.(unless they just started to carry the stuff), call around to specialty stores, mainly that sells cement blocks. The store where I buy it, is called Block White, who knows maybe theres one near you.
            Thanks for joging my memory, we use this stuff all the time to seal various joints for example control joints in masonry veneer. I will call my rep at Brock White and make sure that it will bond to the galv.

Comment

Working...
            X