X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basement drywall board

Reading articles online about basement finishing, many of them suggest not having drywall touch the ground by leaving at least 1" space between them.

I am wondering should I leave that 1" gap alone or put treated wood or other material there to support the drywall or make there even for good look?

thanks,

Re: basement drywall board

Originally posted by lmei007 View Post
    Reading articles online about basement finishing, many of them suggest not having drywall touch the ground by leaving at least 1" space between them.

I am wondering should I leave that 1" gap alone or put treated wood or other material there to support the drywall or make there even for good look?

thanks,
    You should put some base moulding there, which will cover the gap. You can get some pretty cheap styrofoam stuff that is covered with a printed wood pattern at the HD. My dad and I used that when we redid the carpeting/moulding in my parents basement (flooded and we changed it to vinyl tile). It doesn't look as good as real wood, but it is cheaper and you don't need to stain it. With real wood you need tomeasure, cut, make sure it fits, then stain it all, then put back in place. With this stuff you can just measure, cut, make sure it fits, and nail, and you are good to go.

Comment

Working...
    X