X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Tom W and really anyone

Order as many as would like, specialty magazines, have the latest of materials/products/tools/ideas/techniques/etc. Many resourceful info from these small magazines. I always look forward to my newer magazines showing up in the mail.

http://www.bnpmedia.com/Articles/Pub...s/Architecture
    Last edited by garager; 05-17-2008, 04:33 AM. Reason: Typo problem
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: For Tom W and really anyone

Thanks Garager, I guess I qualify for just anyone lol. I am in the middle of a LEED course on my way to becoming LEED certified and this link is an amazing resource for me

Comment

garager, not to change the subject

but posting at 1:31 pst (4:31est) is either real late, or real early.

shouldn't you be resting with the mold issue

remember, you're not 45 anymore

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Garager,Thanks so much for the magazine resources.* I have to get out of the 70s and up to speed with the technological advances. I would like to learn more about 'Green Technology' because people are starting to ask questions for which I have no answers. We don't have a TV and I love to read, so magazines are right up my alley.

I got another small kitchen job last week. The owner of our house cleaning service had seen our kitchen and asked me to rebuild her cabinets. After some discussion I suggested leaving the cabinets as they were and just building some doors and drawer fronts for her kitchen. As I attempted to explain the options I became increasingly frustrated because she didn't know an ogee from a fielded panel from a flat pannel. In desparation I suggested she go to HD and find a design she liked. I considered pulling out books and magazines to show her but that would have been a time consuming process. If I had a computer program with design options I could have grabbed a laptop, pulled up the program and let her pick what she liked. The process would have been much easier. But because I am stuck in the 70s in so many ways, (Did you know they don't call those nutty acting kids beatnicks any more? I didn't.) I was frustrated.

Thanks again for the magazine suggestions.
        Tom

Comment

I already receive a few publications from them. The only thing which is tough is they call you all of the time to verify your information. I'm guessing it is a requirement of their advertisers.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            garager, not to change the subject

but posting at 1:31 pst (4:31est) is either real late, or real early.

shouldn't you be resting with the mold issue

remember, you're not 45 anymore

rick.
            He had to get up to put some more wood on the fire! Still cold at night here in Minnesota.

Comment

My sleeping habit is changed, because of my lungs. I cannot sleep very long, very hard to breath at times.... I'll heal and things will go back to normal...
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
              X