X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ever used bondo?

One of my buddies turned me on to bondo a few weeks ago.He used it to repair a rotten window seal.The home owner was selling his house and had the bondo.So he tried it,he was very impressed on how fast it dried,how easy it sanded and blended in.After he sanding you could barley see the patch.I used it last week to fill nail holes,and rough places between to pieces of glass on a control room for a recording at Delta st.It sanded great and painted great.Made a big difference after it was painted flat black and the glass was installed. If you need something that dried fast and sands great,give it a try.
    If you choose not to decide,you still have made a choice.

Re: ever used bondo?

Bondo and hard ware cloth is great for fixing wore out sheet tin on combines harvesters as well, and many many other items, OH and it even can be used for auto body work.

JB weld is another of those miracle workers, we have even used it to build up a journal in a old 6 cylinder motor after a bearing spun, and is still going good. that was a few years ago,

also fiberglass and the resin is great on repairing many things, or rebuilding fiber glass hoods and or other, can be used to make a water/weather resistant surface on wood or plywood.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I've been using Bondo for a number of years for the window sill repair trick. I've gone back and looked and it's still OK. Weathers great since it will not absorb water or rot. Better for filling nail or trim screw holes than anything else out there.

Likewise for the JB Weld stuff. What a miracle worker on metal that you can't weld up. Especially good for pot metal repairs.

One more thing to look up and have in the arsenal is Power Epoxe with the Kevlar threads in it. Last year I used it to build up sill plates on doors that had worn down, but weren't bad enough to be replaced just yet. Built it up with Power Epoxe, sanded it (sands like BOndo does), primed and painted. Holds up extremely well and wear factor is great cause of the Kevlar fibers. Also used it as an experiment to fill elongated hinge holes on a heavy wood, fiber and metal service entrance door for a garage. Let it dry for a day, then drilled new holes for the hinges. Re-hung the door and it's just like new. No sag, no problems. Give it a try.
      Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by JimDon View Post
        ..........One more thing to look up and have in the arsenal is Power Epoxe with the Kevlar threads in it. Last year I used it to build up sill plates on doors that had worn down, but weren't bad enough to be replaced just yet. Built it up with Power Epoxe, sanded it (sands like BOndo does), primed and painted. Holds up extremely well and wear factor is great cause of the Kevlar fibers. Also used it as an experiment to fill elongated hinge holes on a heavy wood, fiber and metal service entrance door for a garage. Let it dry for a day, then drilled new holes for the hinges. Re-hung the door and it's just like new. No sag, no problems. Give it a try.
        Jim Don
        Thanks Jim Don. That's a new tip to add to my arsenal. Sounds a lot easier than drilling and using dowels. I could have used this tip a couple months ago rebuilding my niece's frame and panel shed doors that her rotweiller literally pulled apart.!!

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

How about products from MinWax? I am looking for stuff to repair my rotten window sill and found MinWax from HomeDepot. But did not find Bondo in HomeDepot.

Is this one you are talking about: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...00075127-20052?

thanks

Comment

This is for rotted wood.....

http://www.advancedrepair.com/archit...artssystem.htm
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
            X