Ya

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Ya

Originally posted by garager View Post
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't get it. Is this your class?

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Yep, thanks D........
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

way to go now its
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Congrats!!
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Congrats Garager. Hope you do well with it.

shup

Comment

I should really say that, this part is over, now I have to do a respirator course and MN is going to force even a License contractor to take a remodeling course, because of "Target Housing Projects" and lead abatement work. But I think that it won't apply till April 22nd 2010, on mine and Bill (P.C.) birthday. I need to follow up on this soon.

Thanks everyone, I have to admit, that lead training was very difficult and its going to be very expensive to get going. Medical testings are going to kill me, if I don't bid right. But I'm good, I do look at my potential job sites real well, so I don't miss much, if any. But for Govt. work, I can't slap them with a change order write up if I find a unforeseen situation. Tricky, now if anyone who has experiences w/Govt. contracts, I'm listening for any appreciative tips, yep....

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                    Yep, thanks D........
                    Congratulations. Now that school's out for summer you can party.
                    Or make some money off of mold, whichever you prefer.

Comment

Good stuff!
                      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Congratulations on completion. The respirator courses I have taken are complex. There seem to be a million different cartridges. You may wish to develop a relationship with the instructor and ask if it is OK if you call him for advice if needed. Our instructor - every year the same one - makes it clear we can call anytime and he will tell us what type of respirator is appropriate.

No problem with change orders for Govt. work. Just get with the EIC and submit on the correct form. They will pay. You will see after a while that you can almost bid the jobs for cost and make a nice living off the change orders. Don't be afraid to suggest additional work that you can handle which may not be within the perview of the original contract. E.g. if a tree falls over while you are on the job tell the EIC you have chain saws in the truck and can take care of it immediately. It seems EICs have a discretionary fund and off-contract charges below a certain amount don't have to be bid.

I would suggest that you not deviate from your contract in the slightest without authorization from the EIC. Don't do any extras like you might for a home owner. If the contract says broom clean don't also wash the windows. Just sweep the place. EICs are just that Engineers In Charge and they like to be in charge. Most are great to deal with and more than fair.

The biggest problem in New York State is working with a certified payroll. Everything an employee does must be paid at the specific rate for the work. If a laborer works on asbestos abatement for six hours and drives a truck for two hours you have to pay him accordingly. Don't even try to not pay according to the schedule. If an employee gets a little upset with you all they have to do is call the Labor Board. If you think you have had troubles in the past you ain't seen nothin' yet 'till you deal with them.

Tom

Comment

Another thing I forgot. In order to do Govt. work you may need to have ALL employees take the 40 hour Hazwopper course and recertify every year. Everything can be done on-line but instructors generally let the classes out early and the on-line courses are configured somehow so that you are in front of a computer for the entire 40 hours. Annual recertifications cost in the neighborhood of $250.00 - $285.00 each around here. I have thought for a long time that the hot deal would be to become an OSHA instructor and teach the classes during the winter. Ten people, 40 hours of instruction, for $2,500.00 is a nice cash infusion when work is slow.

If Bob D. reads this he can probably give more up-to-date information.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                            Another thing I forgot. In order to do Govt. work you may need to have ALL employees take the 40 hour Hazwopper course and recertify every year. Everything can be done on-line but instructors generally let the classes out early and the on-line courses are configured somehow so that you are in front of a computer for the entire 40 hours. Annual recertifications cost in the neighborhood of $250.00 - $285.00 each around here. I have thought for a long time that the hot deal would be to become an OSHA instructor and teach the classes during the winter. Ten people, 40 hours of instruction, for $2,500.00 is a nice cash infusion when work is slow.

If Bob D. reads this he can probably give more up-to-date information.
                            For what I would be doing, I now have the capability to train any employees. But I must be present on the jobsite 100% of the time. I would be doing continuing education every year for 1 day (8 hrs) and every 3 years will be a 4 day continuing education class (32 hrs). Plus contractor continuing education, remodelers education and respirator education every year. Plus there will be more as laws change...

Bob, your more than welcome to say what you'd like here....

Comment

Working...
                            X