X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damaged laminate flooring

Is there a decent method to repair damage to laminate flooring? I installed laminate flooring into a rental property instead of hardwood flooring for durability reasons but the tenant dropped a hard object that gouged the surface. The MDF is now exposed and the hard surface probably will continue to flake off. The laminate boards “float” on the floor and are inter-connected. What tool would you use to remove a section of laminate flooring if other methods are not acceptable?

Re: damaged laminate flooring

I myself have not replaced a laminate floor but I did a Google search and found this site.

http://www.laminatefloorings.net/lm_floors_repair.htm

shup

Comment

Originally posted by shup View Post
      I myself have not replaced a laminate floor but I did a Google search and found this site.
      shup
      Thanks, I am not a big fan of laminate flooring for my personal home but the article describes a procedure for damages to laminate flooring closer to the center of the room that involves removing a damaged section with a router/saw. I will patch it for a temporary repair and do a complete repair later (new tenant).
      Last edited by reConx; 07-21-2008, 02:21 PM.

Comment

You can also use a rotozip with the right bit. Hot glue a straight edge on the flooring for a perfect cut.
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I don't have that much experiance with this stuff but I have done a couple floors. Most of the floors just click together. I helped a buddy put in his kitchen floor/dining floor and he had another buddy help him move in the fridge. Big gouge, 2 boards. It took us about 2 hours to remove the baseboard unclick the boards, replace the damaged boards and reclick. Just a note we stacked the rows behind the repair in order taken off so it was easy to put back together. He spent another hour all together in putty and touch ups on the baseboard. This is assuming that you kept a couple extra pieces for just this kind of thing.
          Just a thought

Comment

Working...
          X