X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild Ridgid 12" dual compound saw or discard

Our oldest 12" dual compound is way past its usefulness, detents are sloppy, bevel way to loose, slides to rough, misc damaged parts. Is there anyone that rebuilds for less then 1/2 the purchase price? We got about 2 years constant use so its paid for itself but i still hate to throw it in the dumpster if it can be rebuilt.

Re: Rebuild Ridgid 12" dual compound saw or discard

Theres an old coot in my local true value store that just loves to do that sort of thing. Because he is retired and nothing to do, other then tinker, he is very reasonable in price. If you can't find a guy like that, or fix it yourself. I seriously doubt, that you'd want to get it repaired. It would probably be cheaper to buy a new one and try to sell your old, someone else may like to try and fix it at their convenience....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Re: Rebuild Ridgid 12" dual compound saw or discard

Originally posted by jeffnostam View Post
      Our oldest 12" dual compound is way past its usefulness, detents are sloppy, bevel way to loose, slides to rough, misc damaged parts. Is there anyone that rebuilds for less then 1/2 the purchase price? We got about 2 years constant use so its paid for itself but i still hate to throw it in the dumpster if it can be rebuilt.
      Did you call RIDGID and ask if those things are covered under the LLSA (Lifetime Service Agreement)?

Comment

Working...
      X