X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drywall question

A simple question to your guys. Which side should face out for a drywall? thanks

Re: drywall question

I would say the side that wont get wet!!
    ________
    IOLITE REVIEWS
    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:11 PM.
    Mike

Comment

The side with the paper.

Comment

It should be the white paper side with beveled edges out, the seams are on the back.
        ________
        Hemp marijuana
        Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:11 PM.
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
          It should be the white paper side with beveled edges out, the seams are on the back.
          What if it's green board?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
            What if it's green board?
            Then it would be the green beveled side out
            ________
            Ford Gt40 History
            Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:12 PM.
            Mike

Comment

Whether it is a sheet rock, blue board, green board, tile backer board or cement board, put the side that looks "finished" or nicer out and the crappier looking side to the inside. Paper side out, like others said, but if you're not familiar then the finished look is what you shoot for.
              Jim

Comment

And for god sake, keep your seams tight. With a question like this, I sure hope your not doing the taping. If a taper comes in and you have big gaps between your boards, he is going to nail you on extra charges....

And yes, you need to tape at least one coat of mud (depends on what state your in for the exact code) for fire code....
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Thank you guys.

Let me summarize your input. For colored board, the color side should face out. For normal board, the white side, or light color side, or finished side faces out.

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                    And for god sake, keep your seams tight. With a question like this, I sure hope your not doing the taping. If a taper comes in and you have big gaps between your boards, he is going to nail you on extra charges....

And yes, you need to tape at least one coat of mud (depends on what state your in for the exact code) for fire code....
                    Thank you, Garager. I am adding a closet in my room. And I will make it looks like a built-in closet not an addition.

Comment

Working...
                    X