Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drilling into

Originally posted by JimDon
    Yes, I know they are approved for concrete block but the original poster was having the typical problems DIYers have with Tapcons. If the best they can do is have them pull out, then they are not a good choice for them. And yes, I have used both the toggles and the Tapcons for block work, and while Tapcons are approved, if that hole gets elongated, if you thread them in too fast, etc. etc. etc. they will pull out. Toggles, on the other hand, you find the void, drill the hole, slide it in and tighten it, and it's not going anywhere. Maybe I should have just been blunt and said something like "you DIYers really don't know how to put one of these in a wall so stay away from that and use this rum dum fastener instead." One can drop off the diplomacy but then you look like a d--- too. Verstehst?
    Cheers,
    Jim Don
    Wow, just wow. Didn't know we were going to take the low road.
    FWIW,I would not use Tapcons for holding up that kind of weight in blocks either. My point was Tapcons can be used in block, period.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Not to change the subject, but what happened to JimDon. His posts are gone!
      http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Originally posted by onlycordless View Post
        Not to change the subject, but what happened to JimDon. His posts are gone!

WOW They are gone!!! I sure hope he didn't get into a fight with Team Orange about something and they deleted all of him on this forum. Maybe it's some insane glitch and later they will be back. Jim seemed like a fine member of the forum to me.

UPDATE: I do see some other posts of his on the forum. My guess is he didn't want there to be any *&^%$ on this thread. I think he will be back before long. Only time will tell for sure. If anyone needs to have posts removed it would be me the old howling hound of the forum and not him.
        Last edited by Woussko; 07-23-2008, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          That's one advantage I like with the hilti toggle bars, you can take the screw out and the bar anchor will stay in place. I've also found traditional toggle bolts to be very weak at the joint. You can also buy these at Home Depot.
          Thanks and the next time I'm near the big HILTI service center, I'll ask them about this item. I bet they have samples I can see and buy. I need to go fetch a few of their nice full line catalogs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
            Thanks and the next time I'm near the big HILTI service center, I'll ask them about this item. I bet they have samples I can see and buy. I need to go fetch a few of their nice full line catalogs too.
            Once you try them, you'll wonder why you never used them before.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
            X