Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabinets or tile first?

Originally posted by grace12
    I do tile first.
    if tile is first, meaning under the cabinets, or floor period, that means if you change the flooring you have to take the cabinets out including the counter top. That makes no sense, especially if you have granite, as many people do.

Comment

As a ceramic tile sales rep many years ago and a home builder now I always install the flooring first this will save problems in the future if you have leaks from dish washer or need to change out appliances also a good ceramic fllor done properly will last the life of you home.

Comment

Originally posted by bighairybuilder View Post
        As a ceramic tile sales rep many years ago and a home builder now I always install the flooring first this will save problems in the future if you have leaks from dish washer or need to change out appliances also a good ceramic fllor done properly will last the life of you home.
        people change flooring long before and more often than cabinets.

It would suck to want to buy a house and have Margie's mauve tilettes under the beautifull oak cabinets.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur96 View Post
          i duno why everyone is stressing the dishwasher iv never had a problem installing or removing them with the cabinets being set first.
          16" tile 1/2 thick with a 1/4 of thinset under it tiled up to the dishwasher. I had to pull the counter top off to change the dishwasher out. I'd have to say tile first.

Comment

Working...
          X