X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wood siding, prime it all?

I am having the exterior of my house painted in a couple of weeks and before they get here there is some trim and some wood siding I want to replace. My question is, do I need to prime both sides of the trim/siding before I put it up to protect the wood from the weather? Or can I just put it up and then prime what is showing so he can paint it? FWIW, I live in Southern California, so the weather isn't very severe, if that matters. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Re: New wood siding, prime it all?

I have seen wood siding go for longer distance when primed all six sides, latex of course. A contractor won't do this, unless they get paid to do this. Now, if you have the time and don't mind doing just that, I would say to go for it. Always paint the backside first, this way when you do the face, it'll have the nice looking paint job. You'll understand when you paint it, then flip it over to do the other side and the paint hasn't fully dried, markings everywhere....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Yea, what he said ! LOL
      If you choose not to decide,you still have made a choice.

Comment

Thanks, that's kind of what I was figuring. I'll lay it all out and slap some primer on one day and then put up the next. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X