Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Heads up California Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Heads up California

    Some of you may know, some of you may not.

    http://www.carbrule.org/
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

    http://www.contractorspub.com

    A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

  • #2
    Re: Heads up California

    I'm surprised no one from California has anything to say so far. You all must still be stuck on the gutter drain filtering system....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

    http://www.contractorspub.com

    A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Heads up California

      I thought this thread was going to be about riots over that shooting at the transit station.


      They had riots last night...and the family will get a whooooole lot of money out of this one.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Heads up California

        barts getting sued 25mil the funny thing was i was at a buddys house last night in oakland while all this rioting was going on outside

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Heads up California

          Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
          barts getting sued 25mil the funny thing was i was at a buddys house last night in oakland while all this rioting was going on outside


          I'm not going to post the youtube video but it clearly shows the guy "thought" he pulled a taser gun out, not the "good" one.


          No matter if it was a mistake or not, they need to pay out and get this one out of the media before it blows up.

          They take that to court and "blow it off"


          I say a reoccurrence is coming from that last riot with rodney king.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Heads up California

            Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
            I'm not going to post the youtube video but it clearly shows the guy "thought" he pulled a taser gun out, not the "good" one.


            No matter if it was a mistake or not, they need to pay out and get this one out of the media before it blows up.

            They take that to court and "blow it off"


            I say a reoccurrence is coming from that last riot with rodney king.
            I don't know when we lost our society but God save us! I've never been the victim of police abuse, but at the same time I was raised to "Respect" Authority. That scene reminded me of a documentary taken of the Venice Beach area where an army of police had to ride shot gun over a herd of homeless, good for nothing bums. Looks like we have all these groups of people who just hang out and are not working, NOT because they can't get a job, they are just bums! That Rodney King incident was disgusting in my opinion. First of all he broke the law and deserved to be stopped and arrested. Big man and all, he should have been taken down fast and cuffed, not beaten repeatedly but then again if you're not there it's easy to second guess. I'm really upset with the civilians more than the police who are trying to maintain some kind of order in the face of chaos and a lot of disobedience. These people were not protesting some worthy cause when that man was shot were they? They were just being bums. Who the hell would want to live there? I've defended the American spirit to work hard while some folks called our young folks lazy, but if they are not working and have time to hang out in these groups and harass the police I give up. I feel bad some guy lost his life but with that kind of explosive atmosphere something bad was bound to happen and I bet if it was a cop who got shot and killed all those bums heard on the video would have been cheering. Yes, we need to turn the economy around but is the bigger problem the loss of respect, self respect and dignity of our fellow Americans? Sorry to rant but it seems we are faced with a mountain of serious problems.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Heads up California

              the cop is a complete moron, I've seen the homemade cell phone videos on the news the guy was on the ground with two officers over him the the idiot runs over pulls out his gun and shot the poor guy on the ground. There is a reason for tasers being kept on the other side of the belt, and the cop resigned yesterday and faces no internal investigation people in the bay area are pissed right now for sure...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Heads up California

                Hijackers......
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

                http://www.contractorspub.com

                A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Heads up California

                  Originally posted by garager View Post
                  A lot of people resist the added cost and red tape of regulation like this, but it will improve the health of installers and homeowners.
                  I recently saw a news story about a family that had to move out of their new home and wait a year for it to "air out" because the outgassing from the OSB and adhesives was giving them all headaches and nausea.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Heads up California

                    Originally posted by Dairylander View Post
                    A lot of people resist the added cost and red tape of regulation like this, but it will improve the health of installers and homeowners.
                    I recently saw a news story about a family that had to move out of their new home and wait a year for it to "air out" because the outgassing from the OSB and adhesives was giving them all headaches and nausea.
                    I heard that too.....
                    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

                    http://www.contractorspub.com

                    A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Heads up California

                      The only nausia I've ever received from these items is when the cash register tells me the damage. The only headache is when I knock myself in the melon from not paying attention.
                      The state of caliphonia has much bigger issues it should be attending to other than making new laws and regulations so new state jobs on oversight committees can be created.
                      Maybe all of this is why this stuff is getting so over-priced?
                      ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Heads up California

                        Originally posted by res057 View Post
                        The only nausia I've ever received from these items is when the cash register tells me the damage. The only headache is when I knock myself in the melon from not paying attention.
                        The state of caliphonia has much bigger issues it should be attending to other than making new laws and regulations so new state jobs on oversight committees can be created.
                        Maybe all of this is why this stuff is getting so over-priced?

                        Amen. I live in Southern California and I have had about all I can tak. We already have the highest income tax, business taxes, sales taxes, etc, etc in the nation and these idiots in the govt want to raise taxes more because we have a $40+ BILLION shortfall. We are the 7th largest economy in the world. Our state govt takes in more tax money than most COUNTRIES on Earth, yet they can't make due. I don't see what is so hard. If you take in $100, you only have $100 to spend, not $200. We can't go out and buy Ferraris and 50,000 square foot homes on the beach and then go to our boss and say, hey, I spent more than I made last year, so I need you to give me more. No way, but that is what the state is doing. What they should do is figure out how much they are going to take in and then look at the old budgets from years past and when they find one under what they will take in, cross out the year on it and put 2009. That's it. Simple. If the teacher's union has to lay off teachers, too bad. If the prison gaurds don't get $100k/pensions anymore, sorry. If the DMV has to be closed 3 days a week, who cares? If state workers (haha, "work"ers, that's a joke) need to be layed off, so be it.

                        If a for profit company has income problems, they cut costs. Why is that concept so difficult for our govt?

                        Anyway, this CARB thing is just a symptom of the problem that is going to destroy CA. We are $40+ billion in the hole, but our govt is spending time and money regulating plywood. Great, that's what we need when the economy is failing. More regulation that slows down construction and drives up the cost. That always stimulates growth.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Heads up California

                          I'M a Lic. Ca. G.C. This will not affect Me. Why the hand wringing?
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Heads up California

                            There are lawsuits here, I've heard, about formaldehyde making people sick from FEMA trailers. My wife, son, and I lived in one for 16 months, but haven't had any ill effects.

                            If we all develop tumors, I'll know who to blame, though.

                            Lenny

                            Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

                            I know, it doesn't make sense.


                            http://www.hebertdraincare.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Heads up California

                              Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              I don't know when we lost our society but God save us! I've never been the victim of police abuse, but at the same time I was raised to "Respect" Authority. That scene reminded me of a documentary taken of the Venice Beach area where an army of police had to ride shot gun over a herd of homeless, good for nothing bums. Looks like we have all these groups of people who just hang out and are not working, NOT because they can't get a job, they are just bums! That Rodney King incident was disgusting in my opinion. First of all he broke the law and deserved to be stopped and arrested. Big man and all, he should have been taken down fast and cuffed, not beaten repeatedly but then again if you're not there it's easy to second guess. I'm really upset with the civilians more than the police who are trying to maintain some kind of order in the face of chaos and a lot of disobedience. These people were not protesting some worthy cause when that man was shot were they? They were just being bums. Who the hell would want to live there? I've defended the American spirit to work hard while some folks called our young folks lazy, but if they are not working and have time to hang out in these groups and harass the police I give up. I feel bad some guy lost his life but with that kind of explosive atmosphere something bad was bound to happen and I bet if it was a cop who got shot and killed all those bums heard on the video would have been cheering. Yes, we need to turn the economy around but is the bigger problem the loss of respect, self respect and dignity of our fellow Americans? Sorry to rant but it seems we are faced with a mountain of serious problems.
                              I missed this post earlier but as an FYI, all of those bums are at Venice Beach because the City of Santa Monica felt sorry for the homeless in Los Angeles who were being "harassed" by the LAPD for breaking the law. To fix the problem the City of Santa Monica declared itself a "Sanctuary City" for the homeless and invited them all to live in Santa Monica. It was a beautiful thing to see all of the homeless flock to Santa Monica where the City set up feeding stations in all of the public parks. It was a beautiful thing to see until Santa Monica figured out why Los Angeles had to arrest some of them for breaking the law. Now Santa Monica is stuck with their fair share and then some of homeless people, many of whom break the law.

                              Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X