• Show
Clear All

• Chinese Drywall of Doom!

Heard about this one yet?

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...9/daily28.html

J.C.

Re: Chinese Drywall of Doom!

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    You can bet Lennar will try and go after the subs in the end. It will be interesting to see what happens. Lennar beats the $hit out of the subs in the bidding process. I know alot of subs that did work for them. Strange thing is Lennar usally purchases most of the materials.
    U.S Homes merged with Lennar a few years back due to lawsuits for mold issues. So here we go again.

Comment

When talc is mined, they strip (wash) it with sulfuric acid to remove metals mixed into the talc that will cause staining in the future. They then neutralize the talc to get rid of the acidic sulfides. If the sulfides are not removed, it doesn't take much in the air to corrode copper and aluminum. Another cost cutting (cheap) Chinese production. Just think, they are going to be making cars for us soon! AAAH!

Comment

Originally posted by nkyrental View Post
        Just think, they are going to be making cars for us soon! AAAH!
        NOT to worry our government will keep a watchful eye over them

G3

Comment

Bob D. listed the CPSC web site to check. Interesting stuff there. Some more information about this here and how it may be developing.

http://www.cpsc.gov/info/drywall/how.html

J.C.

Comment

What I find interesting, even with this news and the high unemployment you would think they would create more dry wall factories in USA.....
            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

we can't build factories plumbingskool..the tree huggers will cry!
              the clean air people will cough
              the energy people will scream carbon credits
              The children don't know how to work..only play video games

What a bunch of crap! We used to be the biggest industrial country in the world
              you know the rant......
              today even our toilet paper is imported

Well the good news is all those poisons, carbon credits dirty air etc are no longer in our back yard so we are happy..........tippy toe dance is inserted about here......

when will the new middle age and younger generations demand this country back?
              I'm an aging Woodstocker and baby boomer..which means by obama's plan I'm good for another 5-10 years then off to the soilent green factory for me. My Father and Grandfather built this country, and now I have nothing to give my grand-kids!!!! oh wait I do...DEBT!!!!

I say eliminate the "liberal arts college degree" and establish a "conservative pro American degree" Get rid of those commie and Marxist teachers and put science, auto shop, welding, all trades, back into the curriculum. Then maybe we can start producing stuff again.

I am willing to pay more for "a made in USA" product without any imported parts.
              screw the world economy..they don't care, we need to take care of ourselves..because when we ask say Spain or France to do something like kill terrorists they balk and wienie out.

too much CO2? no problem eliminate Iran and other similar countries and the CO2 foot print on the planet will decrease precipitously and we will all be safer!!!

Cactus Man

Comment

Great Post Cactus Man!

I agree, I would pay double for an American Product
                Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                  Great Post Cactus Man!

I agree, I would pay double for an American Product
                  I'm gonna be the devils advocate and say you probably won't. I won't either.

I try to buy American when the cost for the same thing is similar or there is enough quality that matters to me. However, if something is significantly cheaper; and I don't need quality for that particular purchase I'm not going to spend 2x as much to buy American.

For a car, you can buy American for pretty much the same price so it makes sense. For a car seat, I care about quality (and it is actually easy to find American car seats), so I'll buy American and spend 2x as much because if it is ever used as intended, the $200 more I spent won't make a difference. For a stroller, I'm just gonna buy something that is comfortable and works, being American made isn't worth a 100% premium.

Comment

looking from down under china owns the US lock stock and barrel you have mortgaged your childrens childrens future, over the last twenty years of borrowing from them and you better pray they never for close on you for the recession your having now will look like a picnic.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                      looking from down under china owns the US lock stock and barrel you have mortgaged your childrens childrens future, over the last twenty years of borrowing from them and you better pray they never for close on you for the recession your having now will look like a picnic.

Tony
                      You know, I had a bloomin' onion at Outback Steakhouse with a Fosters lager and it filled my heart with well-wishes for the Aussie people. I take it back.

The Chinese actually postured some threats about moving to another reserve currency at the start of that bit of unpleasantness in international currency trades. Care to venture a guess as to why they didn't take action?

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post

For a car, you can buy American for pretty much the same price so it makes sense. .
                        You can buy an American Labeled car. If you want to buy an American built car, you almost have to buy a Toyota. Looked at a Ford Fusion at the Dealer about a year ago. Assembled in Mexico from 50% American components. My Wifes Toyota is Assembled in USA from 80% American components. Which one is an American Car??? I drive a Chrysler built in Canada. My Ford truck was built here, but I don't know about the components.

Comment

Originally posted by JTROANOKE View Post
                          You can buy an American Labeled car. If you want to buy an American built car, you almost have to buy a Toyota. Looked at a Ford Fusion at the Dealer about a year ago. Assembled in Mexico from 50% American components. My Wifes Toyota is Assembled in USA from 80% American components. Which one is an American Car??? I drive a Chrysler built in Canada. My Ford truck was built here, but I don't know about the components.
                          I count my Honda assembled in Ohio with an American engine and transmission as an American car. I don't count a GM truck assembled in Mexico as an american car. I don't really think of big multinationals as being American companies, anyway, because who knows who owns all of that stock. I don't really care if GM or Honda is profitable, but I do care if the guy in Ohio has a job.

Comment

Originally posted by jimboburnsy View Post
                            You know, I had a bloomin' onion at Outback Steakhouse with a Fosters lager and it filled my heart with well-wishes for the Aussie people. I take it back.

The Chinese actually postured some threats about moving to another reserve currency at the start of that bit of unpleasantness in international currency trades. Care to venture a guess as to why they didn't take action?
                            Its in China`s self interest not to change to the only other currency the euro as the US owes them trillions yes trillions of dollars and would bankrupt the US which is not in their interest, do you realize the US is forking out seven hundred million dollars a month in just interest payments to china.
                            I don't get any pleasure in telling you this as the US economy effects the world and Australia's economy there used to be a saying when the US sneezes the world catches a cold and is still relivent today as before and the only thing that is saving Australia for the time being is Asia and China's need for our natural resouces.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                            X