Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

What is the age of Spray Foam Insulation?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the age of Spray Foam Insulation?

Hello, I building a outer house. Most of the work is coming to end. Just foam insulation work remaining.
    One question emerging in my mind that what is the age of spray foam insulation?

helps and suggestion.

Re: What is the age of Spray Foam Insulation?

Polyurethane-Isocyanate foam was developed in the 1940's and had applications in home and commercial construction insulation in the early 1950's. Now by age, if you're asking how long will it last, it doesn't decompose and moisture has no effect upon it's insulation value once it is sprayed and covered with drywall or similar substrate.

I gotta know though, what is an outer house???

Comment

I think he means an addition was added on and how long will the foam last in a can. My guess would be 1-2 yrs, but shake it up really good and I do mean for at least five minutes, if the can has been sitting around.

Now, if the foam shoots out at a good speed, you shouldn't have a problem, but if it just oozes out slowly, throw it away. Also, the foam should expand a little bit as it dries, unless your shooting triple span foam. I hope I read it right and answered your question.....
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Thanks for your kindly reply. Can you tell me about the guarantee period of good spray foam insulation.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

It sounds like you want to use a company that will come in and spray the insulation for you, not use a spray can. If that is the case, it would be best to contact insulation contractors that are certified to use spray foam insulation. There are two distinct kinds of spray foam; open cell and closed cell foam. Closed cell foam is denser and has a higher R value and will be more expensive since it requires about twice the amount of material per square foot. Get bids for the work and inquire about the warranty during the bid process.

Comment

Spam
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
            X