• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP IMPACT: Chinese drywall poses potential risks

What a nightmare....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090411/...hinese_drywall
    Cheers! - Jim
    -------------
    All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Re: AP IMPACT: Chinese drywall poses potential risks

Originally posted by jbergstrom View Post
    We have to be careful, AP just said they are going to start going after Yahoo and Google and the likes for using their "work". They want a piece of any profit made from anyone using their work. I guess that will eventually come down to forums as well. I believe AP is shooting themselves in the foot with this stand.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

like every always says

if the cost is cheep it must be cheep
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
        like every always says

if the cost is cheep it must be cheep
        but what if it's only cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          We have to be careful, AP just said they are going to start going after Yahoo and Google and the likes for using their "work". They want a piece of any profit made from anyone using their work. I guess that will eventually come down to forums as well. I believe AP is shooting themselves in the foot with this stand.

Mark

I don't see how including a hyperlink to a story posted on another site infringes on
          anyones' rights (or copyright). That is the whole idea behind the creation of the
          WWW. If you don't want your material linked to, then don't post it where everyone
          can read it.

If AP prints a story on a piece of paper and pastes it up in a window on Main St., USA
          where any passerby can stop and read it. And I go by and read it and then tell you
          about it and you go there and read it, how is AP harmed by my actions (referral)?
          They are not, they benefit from my referral because my referral has gained them
          another visitor to their site they otherwise might not have had.

Last edited by Bob D.; 04-12-2009, 08:58 AM. Reason: fixed a typo
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

saw this story on the world news a few weeks ago. they said it's going to be the largest construction class action law suit.

they feel it will be 50,000 plus homes affected. wiring and plumbing is what's being affected.

should be interesting to see how this turns out.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              saw this story on the world news a few weeks ago. they said it's going to be the largest construction class action law suit.

they feel it will be 50,000 plus homes affected. wiring and plumbing is what's being affected.

should be interesting to see how this turns out.

rick.
              The story mentions something like 540 million pounds of drywall and as many as 100,000 homes...

Yeah the fumes combined with air (oxygen I guess) will attack the metals (copper?) in the wiring and plumbing and start corroding...

The smell of sulfur is also making people sick and apparently causing respitory problems.

The first signs of this occuring are in the more humid and warm climates, south and south east (gulf states, Florida...)
              Cheers! - Jim
              -------------
              All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
                Yeah I heard about that story too Mark...

I don't see anything wrong with posting the link though... people should know about this issue...

I saw Murdoch grumbling that the internet was spreading news for free and costing him money

He said "People have to pay for news..."

I thought that was what all the advertising is for...

They better have a big army if they want people to stop posting links on the interweb
                Cheers! - Jim
                -------------

Comment

Working...
                X